PhreeZone

Wrecked/abandoned car in driveway?

or what are other peoples thoughts on it since confronting the neighbor has had no effect?

I'd confront Seth one more time........if he doesn't rectify the situation to your satisfaction, then feel free to beat the crap out of him. It's the only way he'll learn.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

As to why his motorvehicle insurance didn't cover his truck is a question?

I have several older cars that have all the required liability insurance on them, but absolutely no collision coverage to rebuild them. If someone else hits me, they pay to fix my car. If the wreck is my fault, then I pay out of pocket to fix it (or junk it), my choice. Financially, it's the smarter thing to do with older cars with lower values. :)

I've been trying to catch one neighbor at home for a oupel of weeks, I keep missing him, he is a simi pro fisherman, and is goen a lot, he has a flat tire on his truck, has had for over a month, and in thiis town, if it isn;t behind a fence, they will take your car....

many times people don't realise shit is looking bad.....

that sounds suspiciously like a PA , i certainly think so , possibly even a veiled threat , out of line imho , and certainly not the first time , more like a patternn , i most certainly don't like it much , at all.

What can I say, Skip? You tend to have very oddball perceptions at times like this. This is one of them.

I had a neighbor park his broken down Grand Am in front of my house for three months - I tried to talk to him about it (he is a HPD cop BTW) he told me he could park his car wherever he wanted...I finally called the HOA - he moved it one day - and then moved it back the next...after that I called the HOA again - when the car moved again I started parking my car in front of my house instead of in the garage...after two weeks of doing this he finally got the hint and does park his cars in front of my house....still absolutely ridiculous....

Gosh, you're such a badass! Actually - no, you're not. You have an idiotically childish attitude.
Think yer tuff? Bet yer not.

I don't understand why you're replying to me and quoting both posts. Mine had just as much validity as yours - I didn't belittle your 'attitude' or question your tuffness.
If this wasn't the interwebs, I might actually be insulted.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Gosh, you're such a badass! Actually - no, you're not. You have an idiotically childish attitude.
Think yer tuff? Bet yer not.

I don't understand why you're replying to me and quoting both posts. Mine had just as much validity as yours - I didn't belittle your 'attitude' or question your tuffness.
If this wasn't the interwebs, I might actually be insulted.

this was the post i commented on as a PA
here is the reply "What can I say, Skip? You tend to have very oddball perceptions at times like this. This is one of them."
now it looks like oddball perceptions is contagious .
but please do continue your PA's and this problem will be it's own solution .
not too late to apologise , sincerely .
speaking for myself , i recognise sincerity !
as to the topic , have you ever asked if he would sell it? if he'll take an offer near salvage value , it could be a cheap solution !

As to why his motorvehicle insurance didn't cover his truck is a question? Unless, like prior discussions here, he was one of the irresponsible uninsured motorists. In regards to the grass, etc, he may be overwhelmed with caring for the place. Empathize with him in regards to how difficult it can be to maintain a yard, and ask him if he would like a little help one weekend and offer your services.

Bingo! HOA's don't make valuable homes, just expensive property. Good neighbors make valuable homes. It goes both ways.
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

I prefer a house with unique character, not in a development, not looking like every 5th house on opposite sides of the street with the floorplan simply flipped over.
Might end up in the wrong house when I come home drunk in my wrecked car. :P

I prefer a house with unique character, not in a development, not looking like every 5th house on opposite sides of the street with the floorplan simply flipped over.
Might end up in the wrong house when I come home drunk in my wrecked car. :P

Better watch out, this guy has a wrecked truck sitting outside!

But officer, HE hit ME!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Around here I try and help my neighbors, for instance if my crappy neighbor (the only one) wanted to kill himself, I would lend him the rope.

On the other hand try helping him by getting him to yank the engine and trans, sell them and junk the rest.

It would help him financially and maybe help him save his home, a foreclosure does not help you sell yours.

Encouragement goes a long way, simply ratting him out drives a wedge.

My neighbor was like that, he called on me for things like not mowing my lawn once a week, only I was unable to walk due to injuries and he knew it.

He also threw crap into my yard and broke my fencing, then called to complain about it.