Nataly

Oldest profession in the world...

The question always fall into two parts.
The "morality" of it.
The definition of that "gray area" of what constitutes payment.
(If it is cash, it is prostitution. Jewelry, not)

I know women who have spent a 3-day weekend at
a nice hotel on the beach with a guy that they didn't
like, but understood his expectations.
(They don't consider themselves prostitutes)

For some reason, people need a definition of that line.
"I haven't done X, so I remain moral."

The moral question will always seem stupid to me
as long as drunken sex in the bar parking lot is deemed
more moral than paid sex.

Taking money for a hook up shows intent.;) Being drunk means you can still say you're a "nice girl", you just didn't know what was happening.

For the most part, I like to say that if a crime is committed, the victim will call the police. If there is no victim, was there really a crime? I'm sure this doesn't work in all instances, but I think it's a good start.

It's important to remember that most of our anti-prostitution laws started in the 1890's. Prior to that, most towns and cities had a red light district, and business was plied openly. Was it the closing of the frontier, or the stricter morals of the Victorian era that brought about the change? Did the outlawing of prostitution strengthen the family unit? I ain't got the answers, just a lot of questions. :D Any history majors want to weigh in here?:)

There were prostitutes before there were bakers?

Hmm

:)

If we go on the basis that man discovered sex before discovering how to make fire (which seems a logical assumption)... Well, I'm guessing that yes, prostitution (sex for profit) existed before bakers (cooking stuff requires a fire/oven/microwave!!!). :D:D:P

I'm thinking if there had been prostitutes before bakers, the donut hole quite possibly would have never been invented. :o
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

Mixed emotions. If everyone was truly consenting and it was safe, I would have no issues. There are marriages that are hardly better.

However, I'm fairly sensitive to women's issues. I can't imagine many of the women participating would choose that life over another if they thought they truly had a choice. And then there's all the other things that go along with that life that nobody would choose.

I don't think making it illegal helps anything, though.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Was any part of that autobiographical? OK, here's my version:
Guy's out hunting. He sees a horse. He says, "If I could catch that thing, I could eat for a week." He finds some grass the horse likes to eat and puts it under a tree. Horse comes to eat the grass, guy jumps out of the tree onto it's back and grabs it around the neck. Horse takes off. After a while, the guy figures riding the horse is a pretty big thrill and relaxes his grip enough for the horse to feel more comfortable. The horse thinks, "Maybe he doesn't want to kill me. Maybe he just wants to ride me. Maybe if I let him ride me for a while, he'll feed me." The guy and the horse come to an understanding.
Next week, the guy's out hunting and he sees a girl picking berries that she likes to eat.....
You don't have to outrun the bear.

So. Prostitution. Is it ever ok?

Yes. Its ok- in fact I think its a needed profession. Sex is an important part of a happy life and not everyone is getting it through non-commercial means. Prostitution fills that gap.

The only objectionable aspect is when those who practice prostitution are not practicing it by choice- but by force, physical or economic. I don't like the idea of a woman becoming a prostitute because she has no other options for a living wage.

Again and Again....face to face with the sky - RMR

a prostitute with 5 children or less in some countries is considered a virgin .
guy to lady , would you have sex with me for 1mil$ ?
lady to guy , yes
guy to lady, how about $10.00 ?
lady to guy, what do you think i am ?
guy to lady , that's established , now we're bargaining !

Prostitution is legal and regulated here in New Zealand.

It is not like it is going to go away, why let pimp ass wankers exploit drug addicted crack whores, if there is a clean and reputable place down the road, then the crack whorepimps will get less business.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Discuss. (There is a programme on TV!!)

My own answer, which isn't listed, is:

As long as everyone is a consenting adult and in full compliance with the immigration laws of the country in question it's A-ok.

A lot of prostitution these days seems to center around women who are abused because they are illegal immigrants in the country they are forced to prostitute in. That is definitely not A-ok, although it is the people involved in the human trafficking, and not the prostitutes themselves, who should be charged under immigration laws in such cases.

The government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation, but it does have a place on the borders of the nation, and in any situation where prostitution and immigration violations occur together, there is almost certainly some abuse going on.

When it involves adults who are truly free agents economically, prostitution should be fine.

Basically prostitution has gotten a bad rap because it often seems to involve women who are forced into it because of limited options--and in recent years human trafficking and immigration violations have been a sad, but big, part of the picture. But it is certainly possible, and it definitely does happen in practice, for a woman to recognize that she is physically attractive and can make good money by prostitution, and to make a free choice to do so.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Discuss. (There is a programme on TV!!)

My own answer, which isn't listed, is:

As long as everyone is a consenting adult and in full compliance with the immigration laws of the country in question it's A-ok.

A lot of prostitution these days seems to center around women who are abused because they are illegal immigrants in the country they are forced to prostitute in. That is definitely not A-ok, although it is the people involved in the human trafficking, and not the prostitutes themselves, who should be charged under immigration laws in such cases.

The government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation, but it does have a place on the borders of the nation, and in any situation where prostitution and immigration violations occur together, there is almost certainly some abuse going on.

When it involves adults who are truly free agents economically, prostitution should be fine.

Basically prostitution has gotten a bad rap because it often seems to involve women who are forced into it because of limited options--and in recent years human trafficking and immigration violations have been a sad, but big, part of the picture. But it is certainly possible, and it definitely does happen in practice, for a woman to recognize that she is physically attractive and can make good money by prostitution, and to make a free choice to do so.

That would explain the democrats fight to keep the borders from being regulated.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Doesn't a pooty get callouses with all of that action?

Wanna find out?:ph34r:

Your birthday was yesterday. Sorry!! :P

And I -DO- want to thank you for that wonerful present tou texted me!

Niiiiiiice!:$
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Doesn't a pooty get callouses with all of that action?

No...I worked in a whore house back in Springfield Mo. as the Door man/bouncer, the girls never complained about lack of sensitivity...

I personally think it is only Illegal, because it is near impossible to Tax..."period" Uncle Sam wants his cut from da bitches!

ick
:|

+ 1 [insert puking face here]

I find it hard to fathom that people don't seem to care how many people, of questionable health I'm sure, have already run through that.

That thought makes me sooooo sick. :S

How many is too many? 1, 10, 100, 1000? My guess is there are some 20 year old prostitutes who've had fewer partners than some 40 year old women with "straight" jobs. In any case, it's not like a pie, where giving away/selling a piece reduces the quantity left in the tin. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

In any case, it's not like a pie, where giving away/selling a piece reduces the quantity left in the tin.

There are two types of crack dealers. One is jealous that
the other can wash theirs and re-sell it. ;)

People keep mentioning the "poor, poor girls who are forced into...". Umm... Ashley Dupre = $4,000.

I have met girls who work in strip clubs in Fl (no sex)
and walk out with $700+ in a night.
They laugh about other women making $350 a week.
They sit and drink and get paid for it.

From what they say, a nice looking pro makes $300 an hour.

Not everybody is on drugs. Some just look at it as a hunk of cash.

In any case, it's not like a pie, where giving away/selling a piece reduces the quantity left in the tin.

There are two types of crack dealers. One is jealous that
the other can wash theirs and re-sell it. ;)

People keep mentioning the "poor, poor girls who are forced into...". Umm... Ashley Dupre = $4,000.

I have met girls who work in strip clubs in Fl (no sex)
and walk out with $700+ in a night.
They laugh about other women making $350 a week.
They sit and drink and get paid for it.

From what they say, a nice looking pro makes $300 an hour.

Not everybody is on drugs. Some just look at it as a hunk of cash.

Very true, NON of our girls were forced into it!

The closest was one very pretty middle aged woman, who's VERY wealthy husband, liked to hear what customers had done to her all day, it turned him on, adn she loved the slumming!