deltron80

getting to altitude

we need full altitude people! cheapest way has to be a tethered balloon... just gotta figure it out

They already have figured it out, and it will cost you about $50,000-$100,000
MARS Wind Turbine
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

Hi turtle,

I don't know about any elevator idea; but they do have a man-lifting device in Chile that they are not using anymore. :P

JerryBaumchen

That would be great for spelunking. From what I hear there is gold down there too.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

it's really going to revolutionize the sport when they invent star trek style teleporters... you could go straight to 15k instantly! that's gonna be fun.

for now i'll just keep working on the balloon idea.

But once they develop the holodeck, all the guys will be in there doing 3-ways with Megan Fox and Scarlett Johansson.
No one will care about skydiving anymore.B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

But once they develop the holodeck, all the guys will be in there doing 3-ways with Megan Fox and Scarlett Johansson.

Thanks, dood.
I'm not gonna sleep very good tonight.
[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Thanks, dood.

Atleast you won't roll off of the bed.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Thanks, dood.

Oh, and did I mention the 4-way's with Christina Hendricks added?:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Thanks, dood.

Oh, and did I mention the 4-way's with Christina Hendricks added?:ph34r:

OH My! :$

......a REDHEAD!

B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

it's really going to revolutionize the sport when they invent star trek style teleporters... you could go straight to 15k instantly! that's gonna be fun.

for now i'll just keep working on the balloon idea.

Better yet, instead of pulling a pilot chute, you could hit the tleleporter, and be right back at 15K.....just imagin the low pull contest!:ph34r:

You don't need to tether the balloon, you just need a pump and a tank. Fill the balloon, ride up, hop off, the pump kicks in and empties the balloon into the tank, it drops back to the ground under its own chute.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

-Jon

Thanks, dood.

No, but your forarms and wrists will be getting a good work out.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Better yet, instead of pulling a pilot chute, you could hit the tleleporter, and be right back at 15K.....just imagin the low pull contest!:ph34r:

Yeah, also useful in the case of total malfunctions. Actually, didn't we see that in the last Star Trek movie?

The Russians are already developing this.
In fact they were testing it recently at Perris.

YES! see? this is how we come up with good ideas!

newbies will be pissing themselves when they get within 5ft of the ground @ terminal on their first skydive! lol

YES! see? this is how we come up with good ideas!

newbies will be pissing themselves when they get within 5ft of the ground @ terminal on their first skydive! lol

Or they will end up like the guys on Reign of Fire.[:/]

The Russians are already developing this.
In fact they were testing it recently at Perris.

Man, this whole thread has just gotten out of control with ridiculusness. I'm gonna get my broomstick and go play some Quidditch.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?