virgin-burner

Wiretransfers! why is it..

..that you goddarn yanks have such a big fucking problem with them; it's not like the WHOLE world is after scamming you out of your bucks or something.. :S

now, mind you, when i bought my container and it was ready to ship, my friend was just about to leave. UPT asked me first about my creditcard, which i dont have one, and my friend was about to leave the US to come here soon. i PROMISED them i'd make a wiretransfer, but since time was kinda shortish, i asked if they could already ship it. which they did, thank you UPT and mklingenme; MUCH appreciated..

so anyway; if i want to buy something from ebay for like 200$, not almost 3'000$ like for the rig, all i'm asking in return is your banks IBAN- and/or SWIFT-code, your account-number and the name and adress it's registered to. not much i could scam you with anyhow..

here's how it works: you give me the above mentioned details, i go to my banks website, log onto my account, enter those details and the amount (ANY currency you may wish for BTW), press send, and like three days to maybe a week later, the money will show up in your account. and nothing i could do about it, no cheques that could bounce or some western union bullshit! the money is now righ t in your hands, even safer, on your friggin' bank-account!

it really is THAT simple!

now, the americans have a reputation of being somewhat paranoid. i'm fine with that. i should be paranoid for paying for an item i have only seen on pictures on some website. so it's kind of a mutual trust-thingy..

i've already bought a couple of things over the interwebz, and if the communication is already buggy, yea, maybe not. up to your gut-feeling.

so, where is this distrust for a safe way of making payments coming from? me personally, i probably wouldnt accept a cheque or some western union-stuff, coz for all i know, that's what all the nigerians do..

and how do you explain that to someone?

gosh, the dollar and the euro are so low at the moment, i'm really eager to bust some economy.. :)

UPS; typo..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

OR....you could get a creditcard! :P

i dont want a creditcard; too much danger for me to get into debts.. i have a EC /maestro-card, that's good enough for me!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

i dont want a creditcard; too much danger for me to get into debts.. i have a EC /maestro-card, that's good enough for me!

Buy a pre paid card with the amount of the purchase.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

dont think those are available around here..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Do you have internet?:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Do you have internet?:D

funny you say that, because it tells me: "You are here!
No Visa Gift card merchants were found near xxxxxxxx, schweiz"

:D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

So instead you expect a bunch of yanks that have no clue who you are to take the gamble with their money? Not gonna happen...

Catch up to the rest of the world and get a Paypal account..

So instead you expect a bunch of yanks that have no clue who you are to take the gamble with their money? Not gonna happen...

its not a gamble thats his point

there is nothing risky about giving out those bank details

a pay pal account would be good too

Catch up to the rest of the world and get a Paypal account..

as i stated in the OP; i had some fucking yanks send gear around before they had even a CENT in their hands..

i wont sound like your typical nigerian scammer i suppose, but anyway, wiretransfer are really the way to go!

i guess i'll just have to buy from other sites i suppose..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

thank you!

and, that wont happen, i dont have a CC, and honestly, i wouldnt WANT one, like, uhm, never!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

thank you!

and, that wont happen, i dont have a CC, and honestly, i wouldnt WANT one, like, uhm, never!?

you dont need a credit card for pay pal anymore you can top up your pay pal account with wire transfers funnily enough ;)

The rest of the world does use wire transfers; people in lots of countries have to deal internationally, and it's a standard way of doing it.

It's not that hard to do (although not cheap, at least with my bank).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i wont sound like your typical nigerian scammer i suppose,..

until you drunk dial them, and then you really sound like a nigerian scammer :D

that's funny right THERE! :D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

The rest of the world does use wire transfers; people in lots of countries have to deal internationally, and it's a standard way of doing it.

It's not that hard to do (although not cheap, at least with my bank).

Wendy P.

i'd opt for "share costs" on a 2'000$ item; i'd pay for all of it for a 200$ item whatsoever.. all in consideration! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

LOL at all the Americans criticizing the Swiss guy for being financially responsible. If more people here in the US would think that way, there wouldn't just have been a mortgage and credit meltdown.

On top of that countries that still use checks (LOL) DEFINITELY don't get to make fun of wire transfers which are vastly superior and safer.

Really? Do they still use cheques in the States?

Bwhaaaaaa
BwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaa [breath]BwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaaBwhaaaaaa

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yup they sure do. I'm 22 years old and I have never seen a single one growing up in Switzerland because they were already outdated when I was born.

Now that I live in the US (and love it here) I keep getting them sent to me and I hate it...