JohnMitchell

Boston this weekend. What sights to see?

Vskydiver and I are taking 2 of the kids to Boston this week to visit our oldest, who's going to college at Olin. We're planning the Freedom Trail, the USS Constitution and the WW II destroyer close by, Harvard, MIT, and Cambridge. Also going to do a side trip up to Salem. Any other ideas?:)

USS Constitution is one of my favs! Glad you're going to see that.

Take her shopping at Quincy Market :) its nice to just walk around there too.

And possibly look into tours of the Harpoon Brewery, that place is pretty cool. Way better than the Sam Adams Brewery....(Harpoon gives you more beer :) )
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

if you are going to do the freedom trail you will need to hit Bunker Hill. They got a great indoor exhibit. Also, if the weather is crap I would strongly suggest the Boston Museum of Science and the Boston Aquarium. The science museum is huge and you could end spending a whole day there.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

Bring a jacket ... it got cold fast this Fall. Also, plan for mostly indoor activities for the first part of the weekend - we expect an early Nor'Eastern to blow thru with lots of rain and wind ...

O

Now that sounds like MY KIND of sailin weather:)

USS Constitution is one of my favs! Glad you're going to see that.

Take her shopping at Quincy Market :) its nice to just walk around there too.

And possibly look into tours of the Harpoon Brewery, that place is pretty cool. Way better than the Sam Adams Brewery....(Harpoon gives you more beer :) )

Oh! like those ideas! This is going to be a great trip! Thanks for everyone's ideas! B|

Have fun with the trip, one more recommendation is the Black Rose. (Its by downtown somewhere, not really sure where I was drunk on new years when we went there) Good bar, GREAT food. It has a bar upstairs and a bar/restaurant downstairs. The absolute best Lobster Bisque I have ever eaten.

epperel is close too. Go to Fanual {SP} Hall with the brass grasshopper. There was a huge store that just sold mustard. Down the hall for raw oysters,etc. Up the shore is Gortons fish factory.Plymouth Rock too. I was stationed at Fort Devens in 1962 and got a chance to wander about