airdvr

I hate my job

100% commission, work every weekend, phone calls recorded, dealing with the general public

That alone would be enough for me.

That sucks. And good job on selling houses.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I have had my share and then some of shitty bosses and jobs. I'm into mixed martial arts and my former boss said he would see me in the cage at my gym. I was really sad he didn't show. That backstabbing piece of shit would have had an ambulance ride. He tried for four years to hold me down. Now I am in a new job and everyone at the old job knows what a cowardly piece of shit he is. I told him where the gym is. I was hoping to see him in the cage so I can break his jaw and not be liable, but Mr. Loser never showed up. My advice is find somewhere else and tell them they can blow it out their ass.

Tyler

This sux. Nothing worse tha being trapped in a job you hate. Anyone relate?

I completely understand!!! I keep hoping and praying that I will find something different. No luck yet.

The most recent bad events.....Old Drunk Bastard tried to get naked at my desk. The office had an office luncheon and didn't invite me. Yep.....I just love this office.

Your post is unclear as to whether that happened in your presence. If it did, that would make you the victim of unlawful sexual harrassment.

Oh it was completely in my presence. He unbuckled his belt and undid the button on his pants. Another guy came walking down the stairs and ask him what the hell he was doing.

Uhhh, that's pretty much the definition of sexual harassment. Get yourself a good lawyer, get some cash, and get the fuck out of there.

I completely understand!!! I keep hoping and praying that I will find something different. No luck yet.

The most recent bad events.....Old Drunk Bastard tried to get naked at my desk. The office had an office luncheon and didn't invite me. Yep.....I just love this office.

Your post is unclear as to whether that happened in your presence. If it did, that would make you the victim of unlawful sexual harrassment.

Oh it was completely in my presence. He unbuckled his belt and undid the button on his pants. Another guy came walking down the stairs and ask him what the hell he was doing.

Uhhh, that's pretty much the definition of sexual harassment. Get yourself a good lawyer, get some cash, and get the fuck out of there.

I would say a good webcam attached to the work computer would make for some good proof to log that kind of crap>:(

Well there is something worse. How about no job at all. The USA is losing jobs at an alarming rate to foriegn markets and illegal aliens, because more and more americans think that certain jobs are beneath their standards.

Just a few days ago, I had this guy in lumber mill decide to lay his burden on me. Comments like, "I don't know how long I'll last at this job" and "I have to work 12 hour days 5 days a week". His oh so hard job was doing board feet tallies using an electronic scanner. Doesn't get much easier than that. I asked him if he got overtime and he said yes he did. Then I said, "Try working 16-20 hour days with no overtime 7 days a week, then you might have something to complain about". He left work that night without completing the work he was assigned because he felt like it. And yet people can't figure out what's wrong with the job market. :S
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Well there is something worse. How about no job at all. The USA is losing jobs at an alarming rate to foriegn markets and illegal aliens, because more and more americans think that certain jobs are beneath their standards.

Just a few days ago, I had this guy in lumber mill decide to lay his burden on me. Comments like, "I don't know how long I'll last at this job" and "I have to work 12 hour days 5 days a week". His oh so hard job was doing board feet tallies using an electronic scanner. Doesn't get much easier than that. I asked him if he got overtime and he said yes he did. Then I said, "Try working 16-20 hour days with no overtime 7 days a week, then you might have something to complain about". He left work that night without completing the work he was assigned because he felt like it. And yet people can't figure out what's wrong with the job market. :S

1+

Get fired. Then you can collect unemployment

Very bad advice. Fired for cause = No Unemployment benefits.

You're correct that getting terminated "for cause" = no unemployment comp. So just to clarify my earlier post, being fired because you're insubordinate or disobedient to the boss, or wilfully violate a workplace rule, is a "for-cause" termination. No comp. On the other hand, being fired because the boss thinks you're doing an inadequate job, in most states, is not a "for-cause" termination, and thus probably qualifies for comp.

Alas, there is a grey area. If you slack off at work hoping the boss will finally get fed up and fire you for poor performance, figuring you'll qualify for comp as a "not for cause" termination, the employer might choose to fight the comp on the grounds that your poor performance was not simply incompetence (which usually qualifies for comp), but deliberate self-sabotage of your own work (which would be willful misconduct and thus would not qualify for comp). Then it would be a battle before a state unemployment comp referee, most of whom are not lawyers, and thus their rulings tend to be somewhat unpredictable (read: arbitrary and sometimes illogical). (The issue before the U/C referee would be: "Was, or was not, the employee's termination due to willful misconduct?") The point being, attempting this strategy has some risk, because the result is unpredictable.

OK..now we're really stretching. Unemployment comp won't float my boat so that's not an option.

I just don't like being micro-managed. To me it says 'we hired you to do a job, but we don't trust that you're doing it.' Plus, in commissioned sales if you don't do your job you starve. Old saying...weak salespeople have skinny kids.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Unemployment comp won't float my boat so that's not an option.

...which I fully respect. All I'm saying is, if the boss is enough of an asshole to find a cheap excuse to let you go, better with comp than without. Nothing more, nothing less.