stitch

Anybody else getting these ??

I've been getting nearly daily missives from "IRS.gov" telling me that I'm a resident alien and don't owe any taxes, and should file a form (conveniently included) to give them the appropriate information. The fax number is in Maine (very sensible, since I'm in Texas).

Just in case I'm not really a resident alien, I should complete the form anyway, and check the box indicating I'm a citizen.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've been getting nearly daily missives from "IRS.gov" telling me that I'm a resident alien and don't owe any taxes, and should file a form (conveniently included) to give them the appropriate information. The fax number is in Maine (very sensible, since I'm in Texas).

And be sure to give them a credit card number, along with the security code, so that they can protect you from illegal usage of that credit card in non-payment of your non-due taxes.

I love looking into these phishing scams and malicious spam, im pursuing a degree in Cyber Security (which ill be done with by may! woo!) so this stuff is intriguing.

Anyways looks like the email apparently originated from the Russian Federation (spoofed IP) however that link in there sends you to the domain dltassoc.com which is registered to a person in West Covina, CA and the dltassoc.com is a legit website interesting. Usually these types of emails are phishing scams, wonder what kindof malicious stuff this dude is hosting on his server.