KingDiamond

Tilt-Photography

It's a fun effect for skydiving photos too.

(no, I don't and would not actually recommend jumping with a T/S lens)

Wow!!! those look great

And only about 2k for a lens.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's a great effect for photography and looks really cool for skydiving too. Are you jumping a true T/S lens or a lens baby?

Neither actually. As I mentioned in my previous post, trying to set up a tilt lens for a particular shot on a skydive and then shoot without using the viewfinder (particularly for a shot like that tracking dive where I was flying atmonauti with my head turned 90deg over my right shoulder) would be extremely difficult and I wouldn't recommend it.

Luckily, if you understand what tilt photography does to a scene and have some photoshop ingenuity (and a wacom tablet) you can achieve the same effect in post.

Sorry if that ruins the mystique. :P

Speakin of iphones. I was looking at DZ on mine and the letters were so small i thought it said TIT photography and i got my hopes up! :(

But either way those are some kickass shots.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

There's also a great App for the iPhone and iPad called "tilt shift generator" - you could snap the shots and pull them either onto the phone or the pad and get the same effect.

Here are a few shots I processed using Tilt SHift Generator on the iPad. Great little App.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

There's also a great App for the iPhone and iPad called "tilt shift generator" - you could snap the shots and pull them either onto the phone or the pad and get the same effect.

Just downloaded it--thanks for mentioning it!
TPM Sister #102

Here are a few shots I processed using Tilt SHift Generator on the iPad. Great little App.

Pretty snazzy.

Does the app just have you draw a line through the image and it does the rest? I ask because that might make getting 3D (skydiving) scenes to look right somewhat difficult.

Pretty snazzy.

Does the app just have you draw a line through the image and it does the rest? I ask because that might make getting 3D (skydiving) scenes to look right somewhat difficult.

You can set the area of focus using a line across the image or circular. The area of focus is adjustable by the usual squeeze/stretch touch motions. The saturation, vignetting, exposure is adjusted using on screen touch sliders...it is a slick little app. I like the results and it is extremely easy to use.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Nicely done! :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Just downloaded it--thanks for mentioning it!

No worries ;)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky