eebrb1

large container, small chute

what kinda of 190 reserve, what kind of 190 main? line types? older jav , new jav?

J4K
176 – Raven II
ZP up to 190

J4.5K
193 – Raven II
ZP up to 210

J5K
ZP up to 240

these are for current sizes....I think a J5 is too big for you safety wise...but best idea is to call sunpath. Derek and the guys and gals down there are great people who will tell you exactly what will and will not work.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

is there any problems that arise from having a container that can fit a much larger chute than what you have in it. specifically i have a j5 container i am looking at and a 190 main 190 reserve. will this work? thanks

brian

Are you asking why technically it is not a good idea...

It is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong riggers, the reason why a smaller canopy than recommended should not be used is that the closing loop might be too loose and could open when you don't want it to. If you have the container, I bet you could find a friend with a canopy you could borrow - and you could pack it then ask your rigger to give an opinion. Of course you could also ask Sunpath too.:P

I have a javelin J5, started with a 230 main and 218 reserve in it. Now I have downsized to a 170 sabre and 193 pd reserve in it. The main closing loop is very short, but is very secure, and the container closes cleanly with no problems. The reserve container is also very secure and tight. I am a senior rigger. You should have no problems with that fit.
-Moose

Screw you guys, I'm going home.