kmills0705

Doing tandems!

Here is a photo from my second actual tandem student. It helped that this girl was tiny - she weighed 88 pounds. I am just under 140... jumping a SET 400. The canopy did not want to inflate on opening.

Great student and fun jump :)
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

They don't frown on that at your DZ?

Frown at what? Weight? A couple pumps of the toggles and all was fine.

.7 wing loading?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"Doing tandems". I don't think it's frowned upon. I thought that was the reason to be a tandem master (or mistress). And the thought of you "doing" her is hot.

"Doing tandems". I don't think it's frowned upon. I thought that was the reason to be a tandem master (or mistress). And the thought of you "doing" her is hot.

Hey... just doing my part in keeping business coming into the dz :P
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

What's to frown on? A hot girl with another girl strapped to her chest. Seems like all smiles from this point of view. :ph34r:

The problem I see with female TI's is the set back it's going to create. How will you ever get the male students to go out on their own? "I better do one more Tandem to be sure!" Really, isn't 69 tandems enough? LOL

Great photo Kim!

What's to frown on? A hot girl with another girl strapped to her chest. Seems like all smiles from this point of view. :ph34r:

The problem I see with female TI's is the set back it's going to create. How will you ever get the male students to go out on their own? "I better do one more Tandem to be sure!" Really, isn't 69 tandems enough? LOL

Great photo Kim!

:D:D:D
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

69 tandems? Could you blame them for not going out on their own?

Hm very interesting concept, you should definitely practice though with someone experienced at stupid human tricks *points at himself*

You want him to do 69 tandems with you? :|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

As 1 of the 1st female TMs from way way back in the day, First I want to say congrats on your rating. Doing Tandems is awesome. Have fun with it.
However I do want to point out 3 potential problem areas:

1: Unstowed excess lateral strap should be secured. As should all excess leg straps, chest straps etc'

#2. Tandem reserves are packed to withstand Tandem terminal at max loadings, and therefore are not packed to open super fast like individual reserves. You will probably never find yourself in a situation to be opening really low, but it could take a while with extremely light wing loadings.

#3. Really gotta watch the wind with such light wing loadings.

Helpful hints: I weighed 130-135 when I started doing Tandems. After a bit of experience, I started taking the 200+ lb guys. All the male TMs loved me, because I left the little girls for them.

69 tandems? Could you blame them for not going out on their own?

Hm very interesting concept, you should definitely practice though with someone experienced at stupid human tricks *points at himself*

You want him to do 69 tandems with you? :|

You're mind is decisively not dirty enough and I was referring back to kmills :D