Wings-n-Things

Getting pied

But I agree, NO PIEING while someone's wearing their gear.

I frustrated people who were waiting to pie me for my 500th by dropping my gear off with the packers and taking my jumpsuit off but standing there holding onto the jumpsuit for a long time while engaged in a long conversation (with the person who was the "distract Krisanne" decoy). Finally someone just grabbed the jumpsuit out of my hand and the deed was done. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I frustrated people who were waiting to pie me for my 500th by dropping my gear off with the packers and taking my jumpsuit off but standing there holding onto the jumpsuit for a long time while engaged in a long conversation (with the person who was the "distract Krisanne" decoy). Finally someone just grabbed the jumpsuit out of my hand and the deed was done. :D

Those are true friends...B|

Well, I've passed quite a few jump number milestones and never yet been pied, thrown in a pond or forced to skydive naked.

It does happen over here, but I don't think it's as common as it is in the States.

I have bought plenty of beers!

That's pretty good! I had some people who knew me too well get me for my 100th. First, they took advantage of one of my favorite things (drinking beer) to get me distracted, then used my competetive attitude against me by suggesting a drunken 3 legged race across the DZ. It was only as they were finishing up the knots that I realized that they had tied me to the only other guy who had done his 100th the weekend before......... :D
The best things in life are dangerous.

When I was filming the "Ghost Riders" CReW team , they found out while I was filming one jump, I not only did my first dock, but my first 5 stack, (docking with a 135 stelleto:o)

they chased/hunted me all over the DZ for more than an hour,that night , I managed to avoid them,:ph34r: Da fuckers were gonna throw me in the pool....I was proud of myself, I hid from a Navy SEAL The captain of the team was a SEAL trainer actually, ( Jerry McCaully) and he walked right by me at least 8 times, less than a foot away..

Pie-ing does happen over here, but usually after hours on DZ's and usually more so for birthdays. I've delivered 3 pies and recieved 1 myself! (All for/from Skydivers on their birthdays). However I do believe the tradition was picked up initially while out in the states.....
I do love a good pie-ing. The one I delivered was to my girlfriend on her 24th and it was in front of her parents!! haha. Classic.

We tried to pie Buzz (Otays owner) on his 1000th, smartass landed by his car, and hauled asss...:ph34r:

Sounds like what I do on every skydive. If you don't land by your car, grab all your gear, and RUN.

People give you the strangest looks.

Pie for 100th is like giving a kindergartener a diploma - cupcake them if you like.

first pie should be at 1000. It should be nasty (and get nastier for every 1000 after). wait for after hours and absolutely no gear on.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Pie for 100th is like giving a kindergartener a diploma - cupcake them if you like.

first pie should be at 1000. It should be nasty (and get nastier for every 1000 after). wait for after hours and absolutely no gear on.

They didn't do "hundredths" when I made mine. Just fine with me. I try to hide out each "thousandth" but I think Vskydiver is in on it.:S:D Maybe next one I won't tell her.;)

I got to admit, there's worse things in the world than having a bunch of beautiful sky girls hit you in the face with a chocolate cream pie. :P

They didn't do "hundreths" when I made mine. Just fine with me. I try to hide out each "thousandth" but I think Vskydiver is in on it.:S:D Maybe next one I won't tell her.;)

I got to admit, there's worse things in the world than having a bunch of beautiful sky girls hit you in the face with a chocolate cream pie. :P

It is our History that made 100th a "biggy",,,If you lived threw 100, and still were willing to jump under rounds, you had proven yourself..

now we have people doing more than a 1000 a year!

It is our History that made 100th a "biggy",,,If you lived threw 100, and still were willing to jump under rounds, you had proven yourself..

now we have people doing more than a 1000 a year!

100 is still 20 times more than you do that first month.
To the non-jumping population, it is a huge number.

So, it is still big when you are first starting.
B|

I didn't get pied for my 100th... but others at the DZ do.

Maybe its just cause I kept my mouth shut! :D

There is no statuate of limitations on Pie.:|

I disagree with that! There has to be limitations, I mean its been like 25 years since my 100th and 10 since my 1000th! And if it was for every 100 then I should have been pied 4x's a year, 2 years in a row, forget that!!! Even the Law has limitations eh?

I'm gonna regret posting this aren't I?>:(

Edited: Popsjumper, be quiet! Or we will pie you for finally getting your D license! Deal???

I disagree with that! There has to be limitations, I mean its been like 25 years since my 100th and 10 since my 1000th! And if it was for every 100 then I should have been pied 4x's a year, 2 years in a row, forget that!!! Even the Law has limitations eh?

Edited: Popsjumper, be quiet! Or we will pie you for finally getting your D license! Deal???

Pie for 100, 1000, and every consecutive #000 after that.

So which ones have you missed?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If I get to skyfest this next year..... when you least expect it, expect it!:D

Where is the "like " Button?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

:D:D
He's "missed" ALL of them!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

:D:D
He's "missed" ALL of them!

Well then He needs to be brought current.:)

Well then He needs to be brought current.:)

kiddie pool full of dog food

Nah, tunafish and canned cat food and a couple other ingredients that I can't remember, left to ferment in a locked hot car all day, then topped with cream before the pieing.

Ask Peanut4040 how that went. The late Jan Davis bombed him with it several years ago at the Couch Freaks boogie, I think.

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

At Clewiston a couple of years ago, a guy got zip-tied to a chair.

A half gallon bottle of syrup, some cream,
2 bags of multi-colored feathers, and topped off with a silver tiara.

It was a good look for him though. :)

Oh that was mean! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

When he got loose, he was chasing people around.
It's difficult to look threatening like that.
;)

When he got loose, he was chasing people around.
It's difficult to look threatening like that.
;)

Kinda like the commercial with the rattlesnake threatening the rabbit, til the rabbit sees a baby rattle toy tied on the snake's tail and starts laughing... :D