ridestrong

My new toy!!!!

Not over 50 yet...
The last motor I built was a Ford 289 HiPo for the 66 Fastback I restored.
Bored and stroked to a 348, high flow heads, drilled and tapped for new head bolts (they had to be bigger), full roller motor, Speed Demon 650 carb, electric fuel pump, all the pretty March billet pulleys, she was over 400hp driven through a high pressure C-6 full manual with over-sized shaft.
Damn roller motors spin up fast!
B|
wonder where those pics are....

As far as ram air goes, at least with motorcycles, the slowest that they become active (at least used to be) was with the kawasakis, at around 120mph.

Right. But what kind of displacement are they also trying to accommodate? Bigger, like a 5 liter engine, would need "more" because it's sucking in more air.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Nice!B|
I still dream of building a car from ground up. Something from the late Sixties to early seventies old fashion stye, naturally aspired with no fancy electronic brain. Just an old HEI-style distributor, or maybe something that requires points still. Um. . .I might put a Holley sticker somewhere though.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Sounds like you want to build a Shelby Cobra. I think there is at least a kit or two out there. In some respects, they can even be better than the originals were since they have a bit of modern science behind them. I could swear there's a kit from/authorized by Shelby himself somewhere but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Would . . . be . . . awesome.
quade -

Here's one for the old timers

1962 Studebaker R2 Hawk,,, the old boy is 74 and drives it like he stole it. :D

he won't let me sit in it let alone drive it.:P

edited with a hopefully better picture

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

Nice!B|
I still dream of building a car from ground up. Something from the late Sixties to early seventies old fashion stye, naturally aspired with no fancy electronic brain. Just an old HEI-style distributor, or maybe something that requires points still. Um. . .I might put a Holley sticker somewhere though.

My favorite year is 72. I love all the classics from thst uear. But my 2 dreams are to own a 72 hemi cuda CONVERTIBLE only 14 were made and theres only 7 believed to exist now....

My more realisic dream is a fully restored 49 dodge. I think. Whatever the old gangster cars were wih he looong lrong ends and the really narrow front windshields. If that gives you any idea.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

No rice... just steak and potatoes!

Slapping on a short ram and exhaust system is one step away from ricearoni.

That step is the fake sponsorship stickers.

Hahaha.... coming from someone who has a 'screen name' after the rice burner of motorcycles. :D:D:D

Yes, my fully built turbo motorcycle was a ricer. You got me. The same bike that was impounded for receiving one of the highest speeding tickets in Rhode Island history. Get your charger to that point, and I'll stop making fun of you.

But you obviously don't know the definition of ricer:

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt) A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often (but not limited to) import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to): - Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747 - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool - and a "performace intake".

-urban dictionary

One of? So not the best? Hows it feel to be second or third best??:ph34r: heehee.

Ok so how fast were you going and how did you get caught??

Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

One of? So not the best? Hows it feel to be second or third best??:ph34r: heehee.

Ok so how fast were you going and how did you get caught??

I could be the best, who knows. I don't think they keep a documented published record to know for sure. All I heard from the court was "that's the fastest we have ever heard of..."

My speedo was maxed out at 200mph. It could be anywhere from +/- 10mph at that speed though, due to equipment inconsistency.

And how I got caught? (ex) girlfriend.

No rice... just steak and potatoes!

Slapping on a short ram and exhaust system is one step away from ricearoni.

That step is the fake sponsorship stickers.

Hahaha.... coming from someone who has a 'screen name' after the rice burner of motorcycles. :D:D:D

Yes, my fully built turbo motorcycle was a ricer. You got me. The same bike that was impounded for receiving one of the highest speeding tickets in Rhode Island history. Get your charger to that point, and I'll stop making fun of you.

But you obviously don't know the definition of ricer:

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt) A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often (but not limited to) import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to): - Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747 - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool - and a "performace intake".

-urban dictionary

And a picture to go along with that definition, but with out the spoiler and stickers.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/UGLY-CORVETTE-RICER_1392819_530.jpg
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

My more realisic dream is a fully restored 49 dodge. I think. Whatever the old gangster cars were wih he looong lrong ends and the really narrow front windshields. If that gives you any idea.

You mean one of these.... Dodge Wayfarer (see poor quality pic) ;) There were better quality pics but this was the first black one I came across.

I like the visors that they have over the windshields.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

You mean one of these.... Dodge Wayfarer (see poor quality pic) ;) There were better quality pics but this was the first black one I came across.
I like the visors that they have over the windshields.

YES!!! thats EXACTLY what im talkin about!! Never could find the damn name ofnthe thing!! What year is that??

Sure, but the problem at least with bikes is, how much larger do you want the frontal area to be (drag)? They could make the intake tubes twice the size but then you are going to have a slower top speed. Cars have lots of surface area up front to use, but honestly if you have a car capable of almost 200mph you aren't going to worry about a 10% increase in HP, because you would just add a little boost, spray a little more, run a bit bigger cam, etc etc etc.

My new toy!!!! Only the guys guys will probably appreciate this one. B|

Just so you know . . both Divot and Twardo - suck and blow harder and more efficiently than that little gizmo.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

No. A Type IV (four) motor is a horizontally opposed 4-cylinder air cooled motor. It was used in the Porsche 914. It was a 2000cc motor from the factory and could be easily punched out to 2500cc with no problems. It was also used in the later versions of the Type II (transporter).

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/store/home.php
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sure, but the problem at least with bikes is, how much larger do you want the frontal area to be (drag)? They could make the intake tubes twice the size but then you are going to have a slower top speed. Cars have lots of surface area up front to use, but honestly if you have a car capable of almost 200mph you aren't going to worry about a 10% increase in HP, because you would just add a little boost, spray a little more, run a bit bigger cam, etc etc etc.

My point as well. Especially since as the speed through the air doubles you need four times the amount of HP. The HP gain of any "scoop" is pretty marginal. Oh, sure, you want to design it as best you can so aerodynamically the air goes into it unrestricted as much as possible, but as far as actually compressing that air, there are far more efficient ways of doing it.
quade -

Just so you know . . both Divot and Twardo - suck and blow harder and more efficiently than that little gizmo.:ph34r:

:D:D:D
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Excuse me?

My car- that I had from Oct '02 until last month- had plenty of "boy toys"....Wasn't he pretty? I sure miss Stud(that was his name).
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

Excuse me?

Oh geez, don't go getting your panties in a bunch.

ummmm- wow. Okay. First- I was joking with Josh, and I am sure that he would have figured that out. Second- how was your comment any different?......

"wtf is that supposed to mean?"
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?