ridestrong

My new toy!!!!

ive never heard of a warm air intake, all i know of was a short ram, ram, and cold air intakes.

thats what id call a ram air intake. unless it oges somewhere outside the engine bay its not a cold air intake. as far as i know
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

My new toy!!!! Only the guys guys will probably appreciate this one. B|

Sweet. Looks like the K&N short ram air intake? What kind of exhaust do you have on it?
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Sweet. Looks like the K&N short ram air intake? What kind of exhaust do you have on it?

my thought too. ;)
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

i need a new car. i jsut dropped $675 on new brakes and front axles :(

who wants to buy a del sol?? its got new brakes and new front axles!! :) haha

Oh wow, a short ram. Haven't seen one of those before. Your car is going to FLY now, and sound super mean.

Make sure to add on some fake sponsorship stickers too, I hear those give mad HP gain.

BAH, 10hp gain, you get that much from a Honda R sticker...

Go big or go slow:

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/view.php?pcat=25

took the words right out of my mouth...

I would love a new car also. But when I think about having a car payment again, I can not help but think of how many jumps and different gear that could get me. Gotta love how this sport makes you think.:S

its a ram air intake right?

Hand in your man-card son.

COLD air intake.

Its only a "cold" air intake if its boxed and sealed to an intake point that draws air from a point outside from the engine compartment. Otherwise it is drawing hot air that went through the various radiators and getting heated up off the headers.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

COLD air intake.

try again. ;)

Short Ram Intake
The typical short ram intake is designed with a few key points. First, it has to be easy to install, and typically only requires standard hand tools. Second, it has to increase horsepower while being a relatively inexpensive modification. A short ram intake is called a short ram because it literally is short. The pipe typically is only about 12 to 18 inches in length, and has an air filter on the end.

Cold Air Intake
The cold air intake is designed to increase horsepower by relocating the air filter outside of the engine bay, typically putting it into the fender. Because the air filter goes into the fender, the cold air is harder to install, but as it's name implies, it allows the engine to take in cooler air, producing more horsepower. Because of the extra complexity of the cold air intake, it typically has higher cost over the compariable short ram intake. Another issue for some, is that the cold air intake could sit low, and suck up water when running over water puddles. This causes hydrolock, and destroys the motor. There are air bypass valves which fix this, but that adds about another $50 in cost to the cold air intake.

cold air intakes go outside the bay, ram air intakes dont. they just bolt on inside the bay. there is a difference :)

EDIT: what AGGIEDAVE said.lol

COLD air intake.

Its only a "cold" air intake if its boxed and sealed to an intake point that draws air from a point outside from the engine compartment. Otherwise it is drawing hot air that went through the various radiators and getting heated up off the headers.

Right on again dave. took the words right out of my mouth.

@guade hand in YOUR man card, son.

COLD air intake.

It looks like the only air that will be sucking in under that hood will be warm air. Based off of where the intake manifold and throttle body are positioned, that intake would not be able reach any cool air. But thats just my .02

Another issue for some, is that the cold air intake could sit low, and suck up water when running over water puddles. This causes hydrolock, and destroys the motor. There are air bypass valves which fix this, but that adds about another $50 in cost to the cold air intake.

Hence why CAI are meant for the track. I laugh when I hear someone bragging about their cai. It's usually a short while before they cause serious damage to the motor.

Stick with the short ram.