skipbelt

skydiver profile

OK, serious answer..

people that were told they couldn;t do things as a child, so now they are going to do everything since they have grown up...

People that were never held back from doing things as a child..So they do what they love...

People that have something to prove to themselves..

People that lost a bet...

People that won a bet....

I'm sleepy, but will think of more...I have filmed over 3000 students, and damned few had the same reason....

i seem to see a didproportionate number of military and ex military ,
using my home dz as an example , our dzo "a" license , ex military
a videographer , myself , a "d -" diver and d diver who commute with me regularly ,
radio , my son , 2 packers , 2 other regulars , and a couple of non regulars . i estimate 10% of our licensed divers . does that make a person more likely to be a skydiver ? and by skydiver i don't count anyone who hasn't landed solo under canopy !

"egocentric wankers" pretty much covers it:|

I have no clue why anyone else posts to this thread because you've nailed the bottom line right off the bat.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

i seem to see a didproportionate number of military and ex military ,
using my home dz as an example , our dzo "a" license , ex military
a videographer , myself , a "d -" diver and d diver who commute with me regularly ,
radio , my son , 2 packers , 2 other regulars , and a couple of non regulars . i estimate 10% of our licensed divers . does that make a person more likely to be a skydiver ? and by skydiver i don't count anyone who hasn't landed solo under canopy !

Ive noticed that somewhat myself. I am also in the military and a lot of people ive met/jumped with have either been military, ex-military, or reservists.

there is a chemical in the brain called MAO monoamine oxidase , if you have a lot of it you're easily excited and sensitive to sensory input. skydivers don't have as much therefore it takes higher levels of sensory input to achieve equal levels of excitement and adrenalin rush ! unfortunately druggies and criminals fit the same MAO profile !

unfortunately druggies and criminals fit the same MAO profile !

This actually explains some of the skydivers i've known.....

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

skydivers don't have as much therefore it takes higher levels of sensory input to achieve equal levels of excitement and adrenalin rush

That's interesting.

However, as I understand dopamine if you keep getting a fix it takes more and more for the same high. It would seem this applies to all skydivers not just those with low MAO levels.

High levels of Dopamine can also cause subjects to act "easily excited and sensitive to sensory input".

There is a lot to be learned about the human brain and I'm about as expert on that as I am skydiving, but I know one thing for sure.... A psychiatrist studying neurochemistry would have a field day at most DZ's.;)

I think all skydivers are Freaks in their own way.

EDIT: Spelling and final thought[:/]

skydivers don't have as much therefore it takes higher levels of sensory input to achieve equal levels of excitement and adrenalin rush

That's interesting.

However, as I understand dopamine if you keep getting a fix it takes more and more for the same high. It would seem this applies to all skydivers not just those with low MAO levels.

High levels of Dopamine can also cause subjects to act "easily excited and sensitive to sensory input".

There is a lot to be learned about the human brain and I'm about as expert on that as I am skydiving, but I know one thing for sure.... A psychiatrist studying neurochemistry would have a field day at most DZ's.;)

I think all skydivers are Freaks in their own way.

EDIT: Spelling and final thought[:/]

They become BASE jumpers then....