BillyVance

Reasons for calling in sick

i think that article is full of crap. It says something like 29% of people called out of work when not sick... Are you kidding me?I'd bet the number is closer to 75%.

My sick days are reserved for when something fun comes up and i have to work that day. not for when im sick.:ph34r:

+1
If you're gonna feel like shit, might as well do it on company time!! In fact, I kinda feel a cough coming on for tomorrow... and right before the Halloween Boogie too:ph34r::D

Man dont tempt me to call out too... I plan on jumping all day tomorrow and i have to go work tonight for the overnight then go jumping right after.

Damn its gonna be an exhausting day.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I don't get sick very much. I take my sick leave when I do. I can also take it for doctor's appointments or for children's sickness, so that is a nice benefit to have.

I have a huge amount of sick time saved, I guess my plan is to use it if I ever have a skydiving accident.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Look if you want to get away with being away from work and not having to answer any questions when you get back....(it helps to have a job you dislike). But just man up..go tell your boss that you just caught Gonorrhea from a hooker you banged a few nights ago. No one is going to want to see your pubes and I'm pretty sure no one will want to breach tthat subject publicly. It's a win-win situation....you get to be off work...and everyone is now afraid to talk to you. Brilliant!:P

I did the entire Lost Prairie Boogie on Sick Time, one year. I had to call in sick each morning around 8:00 (Eastern Time), which was 6:00 at LP. Since cell phones weren't working from the DZ, that meant driving a few miles to the lodge by the lake every morning. A pain in the ass, but got me up for the early loads and saved a week of Vacation Time.;)

Kevin K.

I did the entire Lost Prairie Boogie on Sick Time, one year. I had to call in sick each morning around 8:00 (Eastern Time), which was 6:00 at LP. Since cell phones weren't working from the DZ, that meant driving a few miles to the lodge by the lake every morning. A pain in the ass, but got me up for the early loads and saved a week of Vacation Time.;)

Kevin K.

Wow, a whole week? Some companies require a doctor's note after the 2nd day. Then again, that's where drdive comes in. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They always stop asking when I offer to go into details about my throat infection or tummy trouble.

:D

But my friend had a great one: called in sick from the dropzone, and his co worker who knows he jumps picks up the telephone. At that moment, one of the turbine engines of the AN-28 starts. It's a quite distinctive sound, a bit more high pitched than a TO, it says "dropzone" and "skydiving" like nothing else. The co worker listens to this for a while and goes "You owe me one!"

:D

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?