skymama

Acupuncture

Have you tried it to give you pain relief? Was it expensive? Was it helpful? Would you do it again?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

yes. covered by insurance. yes. yes.

I didn't stay with it for the long haul, though. I had 4 sessions and did see some relief, just not enough enough relief quickly enough for me. And my symptoms have gotten worse although not because of acupuncture.

Now scheduled to have nerves burned out of my back next week.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

I hope you get some relief! My sister-in-law had the nerves burned in her neck. She has gotten some relief from that, although I think she had to do it a few times.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Have you tried it to give you pain relief? Was it expensive? Was it helpful? Would you do it again?

Tried it, loved it....but it does starts getting expencive since it is always a temporay fix...(depending on why you need it, some acks are gone for months , some back within days!)

I went to the acupuncture college here in San diego,for a few visits, that was much cheaper, BUT, your being needled by students....so ya take your chances..

Like when one student accidentally dropped burning insence (sp?) on my back, and reflexively they slapped it off real quick...I had about 20 needles in my back they just slapped across...Not Fun...>:(

definately try it!!! i was a candidate for back surgery when a neighbor gave me the number to an accupuncturist. i was in bad shape so it took going 3 times a week for a few weeks but the improvement was a godsend!! also whatever it does stays a while not like the chiropractor. also i checked and it was fully covered by my insurance. as far as im concerned there is no downside to trying it. best of luck with it. Blue Skies!
Wait , I pull what first?

yes. covered by insurance. yes. yes.

I didn't stay with it for the long haul, though. I had 4 sessions and did see some relief, just not enough enough relief quickly enough for me. And my symptoms have gotten worse although not because of acupuncture.

I had that done back in August.....Best thing I have ever gotten done, (two ruptured disc, bones rubbing)

The pain is replaced by numbness, and is just starting to return a little, but probably because I have beeen working building dirt jumps with my son a lot lately!

I had that done back in August.....Best thing I have ever gotten done, (two ruptured disc, bones rubbing)

The pain is replaced by numbness, and is just starting to return a little, but probably because I have beeen working building dirt jumps with my son a lot lately!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm nervous about it and skeptical. :S
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm nervous about it and skeptical. :S

My surgeon is Jerry Lewis's surgeon, I have never met a Doc so dedicated to stopping pain, he even does volunteer work to help people get rid of pain!

His method , you are simi awake during the procedure, so that he can test your reaction to an electric shock, before he burns the nerve....I still managed to sleep threw most of it though, so I'd say Painless...;)

Mic,
I hope you have tried chiropractic before the nerve burning stuff....dead nerves, no going back.

I can;t speak for her, but I know I went threw about half a dozen chiropratcors, and jumped threw MANY hoops for my insurnace compnay to finally agree to doing soemthing more invasive...that was over 14 years of pain, playing the damn games , so my bet is...she has...

Didn't do much for me. I found the sessions relaxing but I didn't see any lasting effect (I did 3 or 4 sessions so I gave it a fair shake). First session was $120, subsequent sessions were $70; 80% of that was covered by insurance, though.

Worth a try, though. Some people have had really great results with it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Acupuncture is an exclusion on my insurance. :( I left a message with one doctor to find out her rates. Injections and PT haven't helped much, but maybe I'll get lucky with this.

Have you tried a TENS unit? Same idea as acupuncture, but portable. Usually covered by insurance. Take a little experimenting to get them in the right place. I'll PM you if you want to borrow mine.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

:oHas anyone ever seen them at the same time? :o
:P

Wendy P.

Anyone who's been around the two or three times Andrea and I have met ... ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I hope you get some relief! My sister-in-law had the nerves burned in her neck. She has gotten some relief from that, although I think she had to do it a few times.

How in the hell does that work? Sounds painful! :o:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My the transverse process of my L5 and S1 are congenitally fused on the right side. I also have issues with my neck from falling off my horse and landing on the back of my neck/head when I was 5. I've been in pain most of my life, more so as an adult, especially after a car accident that aggrivated and inflamed my entire spinal area.

I've tried lots of pain management procedures including a TENS unit, accupuncture and target injections into the affected areas. All only provide temporary relief. I've found that going to the chiropractor every other week and regular yoga work the best for me. I make a point to go to a chiropractor that uses the proadjustor, zero gravity and laser technologies. Manual adjustments are a guessing game.

http://www.proadjusterlifestyle.com/index.php?do=chiropractic#section5

http://newlifelaserclinic.org/
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

Interesting..I had knee problems after my procedure, but was unable to do anything about it, (we were doing redbull raqmpage, for my boy) but for several days, I could barely walk...seems it may have been related..

http://forums.webmd.com/.ef00cc9

I still have major knee pain , but it is nothing to what My back was, I can deal with this...