cocheese

Space shuttle launch viewing. Dz.com gathering?

Go to Titusville.

Best advice yet! The Indian river is LITERALLY the only thing that separates the Space Center from Titusville. There are a SHITTON of cheapass motels right on the river (they have run down a little bit...) and some nicer ones the closer you get to SR 50/Cheney Hwy. There is a high school there- Titusville HS, the closer you get to that area, I've found, is best, but, just make sure you understand that it's going to be crowded and if you'll end up traveling WEST again, you'll be sitting in the worst traffic imaginable. Stay in Tville if you can. I grew up there and I've seen so many launches that it's not exciting to me anymore. HOWEVER, my dad works there, so, I always watch just to make sure everything goes well. It's always nice seeing that my daddy still has a job when the shuttle goes up with little to no problems. :)
On a side note, they were filming Transformers 3 out there yesterday. They ended up panning around the entire parking lot by the Vehicle Assembly Building. My car was recently in a pretty nasty little car accident. I always go to the same body shop in Titusville, however, I recently moved to Jacksonville. So my dad took over my car to get it repaired. Well, it came out of the shop, finally, on Wednesday. He drove it to work on Thursday. At that point, it was filmed in the movie! If it makes the end production, I dunno. however, if it does, i can point and say, yay! look at my purty car!
fyi. :$
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

Crikey! We're on for tomorrow, 11/4, at 1529 EDT. After perfect wx for over a month, tomorrow's going to be the first stormy day. The ship is all ready, with no problems, so they're going to run the countdown and see what the weather looks like for the 5 min. window. Ballsy, but the best thing to do considering the scheduling problems that the delay of this launch is starting to cause.

It's been crazy this week with all the out-of-towners. Usually, with an on-time launch, they are gone by now.

Kevin K

This is why I hate inviting people for a launch. When someone spends a ton of money to come to Fla. and then has to sit around for a week or more, they sometimes get a little testy. We locals are used to it, and besides, we aren't going anywhere anyway.

So far every day this week has been a "launch day".

Originally, the launch window went to Sunday, but now they are willing to try for a Monday launch, even though the mission will have to be cut by one day. Hopefully we get some good wx by then.

kk

we are gonna watch on our way to the airport if the launch goes.....we will see......;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

All has been looking good through tanking, however, around 0730, a Hydrogen gas leak was detected and is being looked at. This same type of leak delayed two different missions last year. Troubleshooting is in progress, but this has the potential to scrub today's attempt.
>:(