TiaDanger

Landing a plane with engine failure

This is pretty neat. How was it that they were able to switch the engines on for a short time until they petered out again?

http://www.wimp.com/emergencylanding/

How many of you have been in or landed an A/C that lost one or all engines?
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

Yes single engine plane lost its engine but we made it back to the airport and then had to push the aircraft a couple of hundred meters up the runway to the club house.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

This is pretty neat. How was it that they were able to switch the engines on for a short time until they petered out again?

http://www.wimp.com/emergencylanding/

How many of you have been in or landed an A/C that lost one or all engines?

This happened a year or two ago right around the corner from where I work. The road just happened to have a short, straight stretch with no wires crossing. The airport is just across a small lake from the landing site. IIRC it was during the EAA Fly-in at Lakeland and the airport was an overflow airport for that event. Cool video.

loked like a case of fuel starvation (out of fuel) as you change the angle of the wings from level you get a little of the unusable fuel down the fuel pick ups and can restart for a short period.
Maybe thats what was going on.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

When I was a student pilot I had a catastrophic engine failure on my first solo cross country flight. I landed in a freshly plowed alfalfa field without incident.

I should probably not share this story, but it's been about a decade so I can probably chalk it up to being young and dumb.:)

When I was a student pilot on one of my first solos I was going to practice engine out procedures at our practice area...like an idiot...I actually shut the engine off. Seriously puckered my butt as the only available landing area was a corn field. Lucky for me (and the aircraft owner) I managed to restart.:S:S

I'm now very happy to have the bailout option. :D

If you hit NEXT you get this video

http://www.wimp.com/speedflyingswitzerland/

And if you go here you can learn how to make a clicky.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun