iluvtofly

Which is the rougher sport?

Rugby ......Then Cage fighting, followed by boxing..

Well, in some cases getting your wife/SO out of the way of the tv so you can watch is more dangerous than anything you listed. :D

(clearly, I'm stereotyping here.)

Hehe, yes you are. You have clearly never been in my house when the Ducks/Kings game is on. Or when the Angels are playing the Yankees. Because the Yankees suck. :P

That is what started the downward spiral to today, where the NFL is headed towards being a flag football league.

Agreed. Pretty soon the defense will be required to wear blindfolds, because it will be illegal to even look at a quarterback.

This poll is comparing apples to oranges. I've played football, hockey, rugby and soccer........I think football is roughest, but that's because every player is expected to hit an opposing player on every play. More minor injuries in rugby, but of course you're not wearing any protection. Proportionately more serious injuries in hockey, but it's played at a much higher speed, and most injuries happen when one player doesn't have his head on a swivel. Soccer is much more about finesse than contact.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

flag football
I once saw this kid on a field reaching for a catch with all his concentration when another kid randomly launched an orange from a distance.... I watched the trajectory of the two, the orange plastered the receivers face just as he was about to make the catch.....ruled an incompletion, but damn funny to watch.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

I play roller derby. lots of girl on girl battling. one of the roughest parts is trying to pick out with panties will make your ass look best at a bout. B|

But seriously, I've got "rink rash" on my hip from having my feet swept out from under me and a nice bruise and swollen spot on my leg from where someone stepped down with their skate on me. [:/] The last bout we played, we had a dislocated shoulder, whiplash, concussion, and broken ribs. :)

If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

I love football, but if it was just between football and hockey, I'd have to say hockey is a rougher sport than football.

In hockey, you're constantly in motion on the ice and sometimes you get cross-checked in the open or slammed into the wall or what have you. Players fall all the time, and the ice is not as forgiving as sod. Then you have the sticks and the skate blades which can become inadvertent weapons.

Football, you go one play at a time. Yeah, injuries happen, mostly torn ACLs and sprained ankles.

As far as watching, I like football better. Its easier to follow.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban