Shell666

Procol Harum and the ESO

I just spent a LOVELY evening enjoying the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Da Camera Singers and Procol Harum.

Last time they were here with the ESO was -- last night!! - sold out like tonight!!. Prior to that, in 1971 when they recorded this (which was their encore tonight).

AMAZING place for their concert. The Winspear Centre. Home of the ESO. 1700 in the seats tonight. WOW!!!

GREAT evening. :)
'Shell

Great... classic rock music when accompanied by an orchestra is usually Excellent.
Had a chance to enjoy Procul Harum Live, earlier this summer. they opened for Jethro Tull....
who doesn't enjoy Conquistidor????!!!!!
it sounds like a Full House Audience...was there to enjoy the show..

jmy

Great... classic rock music when accompanied by an orchestra is usually Excellent.
Had a chance to enjoy Procul Harum Live, earlier this summer. they opened for Jethro Tull....
who doesn't enjoy Conquistidor????!!!!!
it sounds like a Full House Audience...was there to enjoy the show..

jmy

They were amazing! 2 sold out shows. Probably could have sold out more.

The ESO's Musical Director, William Eddins, was conducting ... his intro to the evening that was that he hoped everyone, himself included, wallked away a "Whiter Shade of Pale". CLASSIC! :D:D:D
'Shell

Geez, do I feel old......I remember owning their LP "Live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra" in the early '70s......great to hear they're still lightin' it up. I wonder if any of the ESO members on the album were still performing last night ?

"Whiskey Train" was always my favorite PH song........I don't suppose they did it without Trower, though.

I'm jealous. :)

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Geez, do I feel old......I remember owning their LP "Live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra" in the early '70s......great to hear they're still lightin' it up. I wonder if any of the ESO members on the album were still performing last night ?

"Whiskey Train" was always my favorite PH song........I don't suppose they did it without Trower, though.

I'm jealous. :)
Don

Well, you'll be happy to know that there were 3 members of the ESO from '71 still playing with them last night. Gary Brooker made a point of introducing them.

No "Whisky (pardon my Canadian spelling!) Train". But the evening was still amazing.

I went with my friend and her 12 year old son. His first time at the "symphony". He LOVED it. And he laughed when his mom and I said he'd probably never have a favourite band perform like he heard there that night. He smiled and said "you're right, my music isn't cool enough for THAT!!!"

:)
'Shell