beowulf

Interesting Corp Virus

We just had someone accidentally send an email out to every one in the entire company of about 40,000 employees. It amazing the number of people that did a reply to all to say the email wasn't supposed to be sent to them and then the reply to all emails telling people to not reply to all ...

It's still going on!:D

I don't think I could have designed virus to cause this much insanity!

Sheeple ...

Of course, if there's 40,000 people in the company and someone can accidentally send an email to all of them, sounds like they need to get better control over who can and can't send to company-wide distribution lists. It's doubtful someone accidentally added all 40,000 employees to the "TO" line (or that your email system would allow that many addresses... or maybe it does and that's your problem!).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well I'm sure your sys admins are having fun cleaning up that loophole. :D:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I did a similar thing a few years ago:$

I made a mistake - whoops shoot me[:/] ... but the sanctimonious wankers that replied to my e-mail just had me howling with laughter. ..... I did (rightly) catch a right ear full from my boss.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

There were some who replied to all just to throw in some smart ass comment. The only thing that is saving the servers is there wasn't a big attachment on it.

We had that happen once before.

No matter how few people you restrict the All groups to there eventually will be someone who does have access that accidentally sends out an email that they didn't mean to send.

When I did manage the email system our HR manager accidentally sent out an email with an Excel document that had everyones salary listed!! He sent it to all the supervisors and then wanted me to do something about it. Once it's gone it's gone! :o