Skydave103

World's Scariest Job

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1941259

This made my palms sweaty! Especially knowing he doesn't have a rig on!! No damn way I would climb that without one.
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Maybe I'm strange but all I could focus on was working in those conditions
and wearing a metal watch strap.
As an ex electrician an having exprienced being earthed through a metal watch stap
to this day I still don't wear a watch[:/]

Gone fishing

I used to climb cell towers when I was in my mid 20's. I left that field before I turned 30 and after the telecom market went south I took a job climbing cell towers again...I started back on a 125 footer and after I climbed down I went to the boss and told him 'I quit'. And I used to climb some very large towers when I was younger...the largest was the set of towers in Missouri City Texas...almost 1100 feet. I guess I was thinking...well my whole life is being suspended by this one bolt....what if the guy at the factory was smoking rocks and missed something. Now I'm a licensed skydiver...go figure.:P

OSHA does NOT allow the use of "Free-climbing."
Not sure where they got that information.
Anything over six feet requires harness and fall protection.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I am sure free climbing would be an easier option, and i bet most do it to a degree.

Climbing a tower is already very tiring and a pain in the ass. Most people never climb ladders bigger than 20 ft. Climbing towers is a real workout. If you have some sort of fall protection its even more of a pain in the ass because you have to stop every 3-10 ft to make changes to the harness depending on the type of safety gear being used. It really hinders progress and is much more work.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Had an uncle who used to paint bridges over the river, he died of cirrhosis of the liver from getting hammered before he went up. go figure!
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

The best fall protection equipment for a tower is a BASE Rig

I wouldn't really agree with that. Its a BASE jump, not fall. Id rather slip and have a rope stop me after a few feet than fall off with a BASE rig. Guy wires, lower platforms, no seperation... fuck that.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I wouldn't really agree with that. Its a BASE jump, not fall. Id rather slip and have a rope stop me after a few feet than fall off with a BASE rig. Guy wires, lower platforms, no seperation... fuck that.

It was a joke dude.

That one guy is not affraid of guy wires...pu$$y.;)

Terrifying! Dude's testicles were right next to the EM radiation from that antennae the whole time.

Cheap birth control....another reason I base jump ;)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero