DannHuff

Top US surfer dies at 32

Wow!! what a horrible way to go. While I was stationed in Haiti, one of the members in my platoon, got dengi fever, and almost died. It took him almost 3 months to recover fully.

R.I.P
There are no pessimists in skydiving.

My Advice: It's worth what you pay for it, and I'm an expert at it.

Four different viruses cause Dengue. If you had one, and recovered (most people do), but then get a different one, you can get Hemorrhagic Dengue, which is much more fatal.

Stupid mosquitoes - if I could kill them all, I would.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Then most of the bats would die off.

I hate mosquitoes, but use protection to keep them off you.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Bats, birds and other creatures that eat mosquitoes also eat plenty of other insects. Mosquitoes cause a lot of harm and provide no real benefit. Just my two cents.

He didn't die from the fever.

several articles that reported the autopsy reports as 'inconclusive,' - that toxicology test results were needed to determine a cause of death.

According to a police report, a prescription bottle of Xanax used to treat anxiety and panics attacks was found on a table. A prescription bottle for Ambien, a drug used to treat insomnia, was found on the bedside dresser table. Investigators also said methadone was found.

I hate mosquitoes, but use protection to keep them off you.

off topic but interesting nonetheless

bill gates funds a technology think tank and they have actually developed a laser that can lock onto a mosquito, tell if it has malaria(by the frequency of its wing beats or something) and then if it has it it will zap the mosquito. ted.com has a demonstration its pretty amazing

as far as andy irons, very sad news the guy was on the rise again. hos only mistke seems to be wanting to get home to his own doctor before taking any treatment

tell if it has malaria(by the frequency of its wing beats or something)

I think it can tell if it's a female by the wingbeats, but not if it has malaria. Only females carry the malaria virus, but the system would kill all females that it detects.

At last there is a serious attempt to control Mosquitoes through genetic engineering, sadly this is only to combat Dengue Fever as the Malaria virus is far more diverse and therefore more difficult to target.

Sadly too late for Andy Irons, but if these tropical diseases did affect the more affluent nations no doubt they'd be under control by now.

I think it can tell if it's a female by the wingbeats, but not if it has malaria. Only females carry the malaria virus, but the system would kill all females that it detects.

that could be it alright its been a while since i read about it and saw the video, i thought that the mosquito was obviously affected by malaria aswell and that affected its wing beats but i could have just made that up

Could be because only females bite...males don;t!

Could be because only females bite...males don;t!

That's why it's always the males who take out the trash.