turtlespeed

I hope Skyline is as good as it looks like it has potential for.

Blue Bell and Graeters are barely the same product, so it's hard to compare. I LOVE Blue Bell and would pick it over any other mass produced ice cream. Graeters is on a whole different level though. Mmmm...Peanut Butter Chocolate "Chip"

Thanks for the defense, I most definitely did NOT mean Blue Bell!!!!!!

I used to work at Graeters and there really isn't anything remotely close to it. But the chips in their pint containers are never as good as the ones from the 5 gallon containers that are in the stores. I used to scoop out the biggest chips for myself, we could eat anything we wanted when we were at work. Mmmmmm, the good old days. :)
I'm really partial to the Strawberry chip, but it used to be just a seasonal flavor. Although I do love the Toffee chip, the Amaretto, and of course the Black Raspberry chip. I think I need a trip to visit the folks in the near future.....:D

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

When I lived in NYC I had a co-worker from Cincinnati that was as diehard as they get. For every opening day of a Cincinnati sports team he would invite all the folks with a connection to the town over and have Skyline and Graeters, etc. Always a good time. On my last day he gave me 3 pints of peanut butter chocolate chip (which he knew was my favorite) and I forgot it in the freakin freezer at the office.

It's a little pricey to order a dozen pints on my own, so alas, I've never had it since.
Killing threads since 2004.

So is it supposed to be a sequel to Cloverfield or District 9??

Looks more like yet another version of H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds to me.

Cloverfield was simply Godzilla from a different point of view.

District 9 was "original" but didn't make any sense whatsoever. Pity too because it started out as something that could have been great, but very quickly turned into nothing more than a video game.

I'm interested in seeing what they do with Skyline, but like I said the trailer just makes it look like another War of the Worlds. The Tom Cruise version was truer to the book, but not fun at all. Independace Day was closer to the 1960s movie, but a hell of a lot more fun. Unfortunately, it gave Roland Emmerich a name and the clout to make shit from that point forward. Emmerich's 2012 was a fuckin' nightmare.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ya know, there's only a handful of cities in alien invasion and monster movies that ever get destroyed. Even in the 1960 version of War of the Worlds, they moved the main city to LA.

Blame the angry writers that live here. ;^)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ya know, there's only a handful of cities in alien invasion and monster movies that ever get destroyed. Even in the 1960 version of War of the Worlds, they moved the main city to LA.

Blame the angry writers that live here. ;^)

If only[:/]

:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I thought you were talking about Skyline, the movie. Probably because I've never heard of Skyline chilli (unlike everyone else, apparently!)

I've only heard bad things about the movie so far. Some of the reviews have been pretty damning.

It has some good CGI effects... BUT... I sat there for most of the movie pissed off at the idiots in the movie that had ZERO clue about personal survival in any kind of a disaster.[:/]

I thought he was talking about the chili too. :D:D:D

I grew up in Cincinnati and I LOVE it. I made my husband try it once, and now when we go to Cincy to visit he requests that we stop there.

I only ask because I know how much you like it!!! :P:P
There are no pessimists in skydiving.

My Advice: It's worth what you pay for it, and I'm an expert at it.

I saw it over the weekend. I was happily disappointed! :D:D (I tend to get vivid dreams and icky nightmares about "good" movies... Signs - I was up for nights after that. Paranormal Activity - I still have dreams about that one....)

This one wasn't .... it just wasn't.

The plot was.... run, scream, hide, run, scream, hide, while whittling down the cast.

I did like mad people disease bit at the end though... I guess aliens should have read up on prions. :D:D

I saw it over the weekend. I was happily disappointed! :D:D (I tend to get vivid dreams and icky nightmares about "good" movies... Signs - I was up for nights after that. Paranormal Activity - I still have dreams about that one....)

This one wasn't .... it just wasn't.

The plot was.... run, scream, hide, run, scream, hide, while whittling down the cast.

I did like mad people disease bit at the end though... I guess aliens should have read up on prions. :D:D

Those people had the tactical skills of a rabbit.

It is supposed to be a series of movies.... I wonder how much the next one will entertain while stillpissing me off:ph34r: