happythoughts

worst movies

Some movie where it seems like somebody's neighbors
got together and made it themselves.

Sci-Fi always has a head start on this. It easy to remember
the guy pushing the Chinese dragon (Mothra) out of a subway tunnel.

Or Day of the Triffids, where the trees would pull up roots
and chase people down. (We've had summers here in Fla
like that. The trees were so dry, they'd chase the dogs down) ;)

I place these into two categories;

1) Bad movies as made by the likes of Ed Wood, Plan 9 from Outer Space. These are movies made by ill financed little companies with people that would have had a difficult time putting together a good movie even if they were talented.

2) Bad movies made by talented and well known individuals such as George Lucas, Howard the Duck or John Tavolta, Battlefield Earth. These are movies that were made mostly by ego by people who surrounded themselves with people that didn't say, "Hey, uh, you know this sucks, right? You're making a horrible movie here (but I'm too much of a pussy and like getting paid so I'll go along)."

I think it's really unfair to judge too harshly the guys that tried as hard as they could but simply couldn't pull it together.

On the other hand . . . Howard the Duck? Battlefield Earth? Ishtar?

Somewhere along the line somebody should have said no.

BTW, here's a list of the 100 worst films in the last 10 years as voted by Rotten Tomatoes.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/worst_of_the_worst/1/

It's not a list of 100 ALL TIME worsts, but these are movies people should be familiar with . . . sort of.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"When In Rome" is the worst movie of all time. Seriously.

I went to it in theaters with my wife, who of course wanted to see it because it was a chic flick. Now, I'm a patient man, but that movie sucked so much I remember being angry the rest of the night. the plot was RIDICULOUSLY predictable, and it just drug ON and ON and ON and ON and ON and wouldn't end! I was squirming in my seat thinking "For the love of god, just end..."
=========Shaun ==========

Sphere sucked big time

Say it ain't so????

:o:o:o

That movie was on point :P

I thought it was pretty dull all around . . .:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I take it no one here has seen "The American Poop Movie". Yes thats the real title. Sad to say, i was an extra in it because i was out of work and knew the people making the movie and they needed extras. So i volunteered.

It's kinda like an American Pie type movie just absolutely horrible.

Also Evil Dead is a one of those movies that are so bad they're good. I believe it was Peter Jackson's first movie.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I've heard that officially the Worst movie of all time is Plan 9 from Outer Space.

"Officially"? ;)

Anyway, it IS a bad movie, but I really don't think it's the absolute worst ever made; simply the best known and frequently used as an example.

Want to see something truly awful?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgAbVfh6WYg

Yes, that was supposed to be serious.
quade -

I've heard that officially the Worst movie of all time is Plan 9 from Outer Space.

"Officially"? ;)

Anyway, it IS a bad movie, but I really don't think it's the absolute worst ever made; simply the best known and frequently used as an example.

Want to see something truly awful?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgAbVfh6WYg

Yes, that was supposed to be serious.

This is a SEQUAL?

Troll2

Who the frack watched the first one?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This is a SEQUAL?
Troll2
Who the frack watched the first one?

Interesting story about Troll 2. It's an UNauthorized sequel. Yep. The first Troll movie was made by one company and actually had some limited success. Another company simply stole the idea, name and marketed it as the sequel.

Listen.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105420828
quade -

I place these into two categories;

1) Bad movies as made by the likes of Ed Wood, Plan 9 from Outer Space. These are movies made by ill financed little companies with people that would have had a difficult time putting together a good movie even if they were talented.

2) Bad movies made by talented and well known individuals such as George Lucas, Howard the Duck or John Tavolta, Battlefield Earth. These are movies that were made mostly by ego by people who surrounded themselves with people that didn't say, "Hey, uh, you know this sucks, right? You're making a horrible movie here (but I'm too much of a pussy and like getting paid so I'll go along)."

I think it's really unfair to judge too harshly the guys that tried as hard as they could but simply couldn't pull it together.

On the other hand . . . Howard the Duck? Battlefield Earth? Ishtar?

Somewhere along the line somebody should have said no.

BTW, here's a list of the 100 worst films in the last 10 years as voted by Rotten Tomatoes.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/worst_of_the_worst/1/

It's not a list of 100 ALL TIME worsts, but these are movies people should be familiar with . . . sort of.

WAIT wait wait... you're telling me Corky Romano is worse than Gigli?!?!! No way! Rotten Tomatos is some crap.
Come, my friends! 'Tis not too late to seek out a newer world!