SarahC07

Homemade Squirrel Catapult

I first saw that years ago. My dad had a good laugh at it. He has had his battles with squirrels pilfering the birdseed on the pack porch for decades. His most interesting way of dispatching the annoying fuckers was building a metal grid wired to a switch that was plugged into the wall outlet, about 2 feet by 2 feet square, and setting a bowl of birdseed in the middle. Once a squirrel sat down at the bowl to munch away, he'd press the button and the poor sap would jump at least 3 feet in the air and scamper off! Sometimes even jump off the porch to the ground 20 feet below! :D:D:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

so much for animal cruelty :|

Squirrels are the most devious and smart little bastards around when it comes to getting to the birdseed no matter how hard we try to protect the food from them. I like birds better. Squirrels are bullies when it comes to sharing food with the birds.

I have seen plenty of videos and am still amazed at their thinking ability to outsmart any obstacle. If they fail, they try again, and again, and again.

As for the catapult, it just tosses them over the fence into the next yard. They'll bounce a couple times, shake it off and move on. More humane than popping them with a slingshot or pellet gun!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I like squirrels so I really don't find it funny. :(

They are pretty cool until they chew their way into your attic and eventually chew through the ceiling above the bed your visiting grandmother is staying in and fall directly on top of her. That was not a happy grandma! Was my parent's place. Now my mom keeps a low power bb gun in the kitchen that looks out the back and shoots them off the fence, etc. Only enough power to sting them, but they seem to learn. They have one or two a day show up now vs. piles of them all around at all times.
Killing threads since 2004.

Now my mom keeps a low power bb gun in the kitchen that looks out the back and shoots them off the fence, etc.

I mean honestly, who doesn't like to shoot squirrels off of a fence with a low powered BB gun?

This video has me laughing uncontrollably right now! I've seen it a few years ago but just watching these innocent rodents get launched is hilarious!
Some of the greatest accomplishments were done by people too stupid to know they were impossible.

innocent my ass! Aint nothing innocent about them devious little bastards.

Haha, i'm assuming you don't think raccoons are innocent either? If anything, they are a bunch of dumpster diving jerks!
Some of the greatest accomplishments were done by people too stupid to know they were impossible.

innocent my ass! Aint nothing innocent about them devious little bastards.

Haha, i'm assuming you don't think raccoons are innocent either? If anything, they are a bunch of dumpster diving jerks!

Those are a pain in the ass. Same with possums. Whats worse are the damned posse of canadian geese that waddle into my yard from the lake and dig out bugs and shit all over it!

Whats worse are the damned posse of canadian geese that waddle into my yard from the lake and dig out bugs and shit all over it!

HAHAHA! Where do you live again? I would be pissed if I had random poo all over my yard!

Whats worse are the damned posse of canadian geese that waddle into my yard from the lake and dig out bugs and shit all over it!

HAHAHA! Where do you live again? I would be pissed if I had random poo all over my yard!

Alabama. Got all kinds of wildlife around me. For the most part, I have no problem with them and love most of 'em. Its just those goddamned geese.... :|

Alabama. Got all kinds of wildlife around me. For the most part, I have no problem with them and love most of 'em. Its just those goddamned geese.... :|

I've never been anywhere over there before, I live in Cali. The only thing we worry about it where i'm from is cats getting into the trash bags outside heh.

I've never been anywhere over there before, I live in Cali. The only thing we worry about it where i'm from is cats getting into the trash bags outside heh.

Trash bags? Don't you have wheeled hard plastic garbage containers?

you cant tell me you live in alabama and dont own a shot gun.
Jump more, Bitch less.