Nataly

When you fancy someone...

Oh my gosh - I've just noticed I had a text, and it's from him from this afternoon!!

It's lame and generic. Don't even know why he bothered. Hmpf. Silly boy. :|:S

Send him the link to this thread.
I think we need to hear his side of the story, too.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oh my gosh - I've just noticed I had a text, and it's from him from this afternoon!!

Send him the link to this thread.
I think we need to hear his side of the story, too.:P

Yeah!:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Very simple-
If you get a girls number over the weekend, and you are actually considering making a respectable girlfriend out of her, you call her Tuesday evening. Monday is too soon, seems desperate. Wednesday and you took too long.

Now if you just want a FB, do whatever. I would probably just text the next day in that case. Respectable women get a phone call early next week, others get a drunken text to meet at a bar the next night:)

I simply don't get the games, it makes NO sense to me, If you like soemone, Fuckin let it be known...either they return it,or ya move on....

Agreed. 100%. Fuck "waiting times". You either let it happen, or you don't.

Very simple-
If you get a girls number over the weekend, and you are actually considering making a respectable girlfriend out of her, you call her Tuesday evening. Monday is too soon, seems desperate. Wednesday and you took too long.

Now if you just want a FB, do whatever. I would probably just text the next day in that case. Respectable women get a phone call early next week, others get a drunken text to meet at a bar the next night:)

I simply don't get the games, it makes NO sense to me, If you like soemone, Fuckin let it be known...either they return it,or ya move on....

These pups keep playing games, there won't "be" a next generation!

Very simple-

I'm with ya rider...find a great one & grap her...GAME OVER! :ph34r:

Lame and generic? Could it be a text blast looking for someone to take the bait for a Friday night hook up?

A 'Booty Text'?? :$

Impossible - we are in different countries! And he started off with "Hi Natalie. Sorry for not texting before, blah, blah." Followed by more blah blah.

Ryoder: I would *love* to hear his side of the story!! :D:D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Lame and generic? Could it be a text blast looking for someone to take the bait for a Friday night hook up?

Impossible - we are in different countries! And he started off with "Hi Natalie. Sorry for not texting before, blah, blah." Followed by more blah blah.

Ryoder: I would *love* to hear his side of the story!! :D:D:D

'Sext' him back........with a pic of Bolas in a thong! >:(

EWWWWW!!! :S:S

See - there is the problem - You aren't being very open minded to his needs and sensativities.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

See - there is the problem - You aren't being very open minded to his needs and sensativities.[:/]

Well, she seems to indicate that they never "hooked up", so the only logical conclusion I can reach:
Nataly fell for a gay guy.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, she seems to indicate that they never "hooked up", so the only logical conclusion I can reach:

Strap on....problem solved, and she has a fashion consultant to boot!;)

Strap on....problem solved, and she has a fashion consultant to boot!;)

I see what you did there -

Boot - trunk -

Nice Pun:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Christ women are picky! :S

He doesn't text - he's a jerk and only out to get laid.
He does text, but later than you'd like - he's a jerk and only out to get laid.
He does text, but it's not witty enough - he's a jerk and only out to get laid.

Poor guy doesn't know how fucked he is already! :D:D:D

Very simple-

What I'm trying to say is that how and when you call her does matter, like it or not. If you blow up her phone the next morning and don't relent for a week, you can bet that sends a different message than a nice call a few days later. It's not a game, its the way things work.

Think of a job interview- do you give the job to the pesky guy who calls every morning or the guy who respectfully calls once and waits for a decision? Similiar to an interview, no call back = not interested.

Similiar to an interview, no call back = not interested.

That would depend on the class of job.

If I get a guy wanting to work and he calls every morning, early, I'll give him the job because I know he can get up early and is motivated.

Honestly, I don't know for certain what to think. It could genuinely be a cultural barrier. But his waiting and what he wrote - well, it seems like a fob-off.

To put it into context... I went to Moroco for almost 2 weeks, crossed the desert, blah, blah. At the end of the trek, some of us had a "free day" to explore Marrakesh. ie: the guides were now off-duty. The lead guide made a point of giving me his details (email and phone #) and telling me he was free for the day.

We agreed to meet for a coffee sometime later (his idea) but then my phone died and I didn't have my charger. I spent all day with the same group of trekkers because none of us wanted to risk exploring on our own. All 10 or so of us were up late, and when I retired to my room, the hotel phone rang almost immediately. Turns out he had been trying to reach me all day..

We met up, went for a long walk, and went to his place - apparently, going back to my hotel was unthinkable. I was very clear from the get-go -- ie BEFORE going to his place -- that no funny business would happen. Christ, for all I know women get stoned to death over there if they have sex outside of marriage!!! (I'm exaggerating of course, but still...)

He was totally respectful and didn't even try anything. We talked and talked and we curled up together around 4am finally but even though I was exhausted I couldn't sleep a wink. I just felt very connected to this guy - we just had one of those great conversations about everything and nothing. Not to mention I was uber impressed by his charisma and leadership during the whole trek, et cetera.

Before we parted, he told me repeatedly that I should either extend my stay in Moroco to spend more time with him or else come back, given I'm not currently working.

As soon as I got home, I charged my phone and sent him a text thanking him for a really wonderful trek / evening, et cetera. And his response (5 days later) was:

(in French) "Hi Natalie. Hope everything is well with you sorry if I didn't send a message earlier but I didn't have time because I went back to my family for the [religious] holiday. Thank you for your email I hope we get to see you again in Moroco. Thank you for the nice moments we spent [together]. Take care Mohamed."

He practically begged me to move to Moroco to be with him (seriously, he did) and 5 days later he writes that???? It doesn't fit.

Well done if you read all of that!! :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

He begged you to stay and you left.

Would you have moved to Morocco had he responded when you wanted and said what you wanted?

Sounds like he's distancing because he knows it's not gonna happen.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Honestly, I don't know for certain what to think. It could genuinely be a cultural barrier. But his waiting and what he wrote - well, it seems like a fob-off.

To put it into context... I went to Moroco for almost 2 weeks, crossed the desert, blah, blah. At the end of the trek, some of us had a "free day" to explore Marrakesh. ie: the guides were now off-duty. The lead guide made a point of giving me his details (email and phone #) and telling me he was free for the day.

We agreed to meet for a coffee sometime later (his idea) but then my phone died and I didn't have my charger. I spent all day with the same group of trekkers because none of us wanted to risk exploring on our own. All 10 or so of us were up late, and when I retired to my room, the hotel phone rang almost immediately. Turns out he had been trying to reach me all day..

We met up, went for a long walk, and went to his place - apparently, going back to my hotel was unthinkable. I was very clear from the get-go -- ie BEFORE going to his place -- that no funny business would happen. Christ, for all I know women get stoned to death over there if they have sex outside of marriage!!! (I'm exaggerating of course, but still...)

He was totally respectful and didn't even try anything. We talked and talked and we curled up together around 4am finally but even though I was exhausted I couldn't sleep a wink. I just felt very connected to this guy - we just had one of those great conversations about everything and nothing. Not to mention I was uber impressed by his charisma and leadership during the whole trek, et cetera.

Before we parted, he told me repeatedly that I should either extend my stay in Moroco to spend more time with him or else come back, given I'm not currently working.

As soon as I got home, I charged my phone and sent him a text thanking him for a really wonderful trek / evening, et cetera. And his response (5 days later) was:

(in French) "Hi Natalie. Hope everything is well with you sorry if I didn't send a message earlier but I didn't have time because I went back to my family for the [religious] holiday. Thank you for your email I hope we get to see you again in Moroco. Thank you for the nice moments we spent [together]. Take care Mohamed."

He practically begged me to move to Moroco to be with him (seriously, he did) and 5 days later he writes that???? It doesn't fit.

Well done if you read all of that!! :D:D:D

Hate to say it Nataly,but you have been 'enjoying' one of the classics... This guy is a professional tour guide - it's the same story as the skydiving/ski/scuba instructor in the exotic location - they enjoy the challenge/conquest (however far it goes) and then move on.

As should you.

Respectfully
Ivan
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Hate to say it Nataly,but you have been 'enjoying' one of the classics... This guy is a professional tour guide - it's the same story as the skydiving/ski/scuba instructor in the exotic location - they enjoy the challenge/conquest (however far it goes) and then move on.

As should you.

Respectfully
Ivan

I'm gonna agree with that.

The "professional tour guide" who probably does this sort of thing on a regular basis is a total cliche, but in this case I think it's true.

And thanks for the new sigline, Lucky!:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

As should you.

Respectfully
Ivan

I'm gonna agree with that.

The "professional tour guide" who probably does this sort of thing on a regular basis is a total cliche, but in this case I think it's true.

And thanks for the new sigline, Lucky!:)

Yeah, I agree - I was cringing the whole time I was writing it up!! :D:D

Still, to me it seems like a whole lot of unnecessary sweet-talk.. Why beg me to stay right up until I left him at the airport, for instance? Like I said.. For all I know, it's a cultural thing. But yeah.. It's just too cliche, isn't it?

As for the "we" bit.. Yes, I thought "red flag" as well, but he wrote the text in French and the whole text is FULL of grammatical / spelling mistakes, so what exactly he meant is anyone's guess. (French is only one of like 5 languages he speaks..)

Anyway, it was a lovely memory - one I'm not keen to tarnish by chasing after a guy who isn't genuinely interested.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

He begged you to stay and you left.

Would you have moved to Morocco had he responded when you wanted and said what you wanted?

Sounds like he's distancing because he knows it's not gonna happen.

Moving to Moroco would be a silly thing after knowing someone for such a short period of time!! But going back to get to know him better? That's kind of a no-brainer.. It's only a short distance from France, there are cheap flights available, I'm not working at the moment and have some disposable income, and apart from everything else, it's lovely and sunny there!!! So yeah, totally would have gone, but his response is just so...non-commital. Makes me think he is simply not sincere.

But I'm not a mind-reader so I will never know exactly what is going on in his brain!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss