ridestrong

Nashville???? I need help!!!!

Going to be in Nashville this weekend and want to know the closest place to go jump. I got online but I'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go. Can anyone help? I went to both nashvilleskydiving.com and skydivenashville.com both websites blow and don't mention anything about location or distance from Nashville. >:( My guess is that they are vendors and not DZs.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Thanks for the reply... unfortunately those are all 2+ hrs from Nashville and some closer to 3+ hrs. Just a little too far for me on this trip. :(

SkydiveAST looked the most promising with nice cheap jump tix and probably the most fun jumpers, but is 3 1/2 hrs from Nashville.

Oh well... anyone in Nashville want to get lunch? :D:D

Try calling and checking out this place or drive to the farm.

Tullahoma Regional Airport (KTHA)
Lat: 35.380556
Lng: -86.240278

Address:
311 Airport Rd
Tullahoma, Tennessee 37388
United States

931-455-4574
901-755-9770 (fax)
[email protected]
http://www.tennskydive.com (1808 Hits)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Thanks for the reply... unfortunately those are all 2+ hrs from Nashville and some closer to 3+ hrs. Just a little too far for me on this trip. :(

SkydiveAST looked the most promising with nice cheap jump tix and probably the most fun jumpers, but is 3 1/2 hrs from Nashville.

Oh well... anyone in Nashville want to get lunch? :D:D

AST is in Waverly, TN, which isnt far from Nashville (talk to theonlyski, he lives an hour from Nashville), but then you get into the skyride debacle.... It's an interesting crowd though.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Waverly-TN/Adventure-Skydiving-Tennessee/37698392777

There's an address. Dont bother with the phone number though, it'll just route you back to cedartown.

ETA Map:http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=36.033305&lon=-87.2871&zoom=11&q1=nashville%2C%20tn&q2=waverly%2C%20tn I stand corrected, an hour away.

Going to be in Nashville this weekend and want to know the closest place to go jump. I got online but I'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go. Can anyone help? I went to both nashvilleskydiving.com and skydivenashville.com both websites blow and don't mention anything about location or distance from Nashville. >:( My guess is that they are vendors and not DZs.

The DZ in Waverly is owned by Cary Quattrocchi dba 1 800 Skyride/Thrill Planet/ASC etc including those sites you referenced.
Read this thread for more info.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3985141;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

www.skydivekingair.com - Mullin's place
www.skydiveal.com - near Cullman, Alabama
www.astskydiving.com - Cary Quatrocchi's place
skydiveet.com - over toward Knoxville

I just spent a day at cullman and would say in my limited DZ experience that it is one of the best for laid back yet very professional and fun group.. Outside of my normal DZ that is..

the next day at mullins place and damn that plane is fast!!!

Hey I have heard good things about this place.

http://skydiveet.com/
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

I'm from Nashville and whenever I go home to visit family I always go to Skydive Alabama. Its less than a 2 hour drive and the people are very friendly. I definitely recommend going there!

Ditto. I know they attract a good number of Nashville jumpers.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks for all the replies... I have some research to do before I leave. :)

You'll like the Cullman DZ. Also, the county recently voted to go "wet", so beer will be readily available close by! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Also, the county recently voted to go "wet", so beer will be readily available close by! B|

ROTFLMAO Cullman will never go wet. :S

Well it was a close vote, but the beer voters won out. :)

Also, the county recently voted to go "wet", so beer will be readily available close by! B|

ROTFLMAO Cullman will never go wet. :S

Well it was a close vote, but the beer voters won out. :)

I saw it on the news last night. B|B|B|

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Did you contact them and make sure they are going to be running? What plane might they have this weekend?

Matt

Just called them... they're flying the Super Twin Beech.

Cullman is nice drop zone friendly atmosphere. Closest is actually Waverly (ASC) for which I personally have experienced no issues with though there are a lot of people here that hate their guts.
Keith Abner
D-17590

"Those who do, can't explain; those who don't, can't understand"

yes curley has a nice dz......

ASC, I personally wouldn't advise anyone to support that shithole because it's owned by the biggest scum sucking dirtbags in the industry and those who blindly and not so blindly that support it are just as low rent as it's owners IMHO.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo