kasch

medical bills

Do I had an MRI done back in July and I got the bills for it recently.....two of them.

Does that seem right? I called my insurance company and the McDonalds level employee said it's normal to get a bill from the hospital facility and then the doctor as well. It's about $250 a piece and its not a duplicate, they are seperate charges.

That normal?
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Do I had an MRI done back in July and I got the bills for it recently.....two of them.

Does that seem right? I called my insurance company and the McDonalds level employee said it's normal to get a bill from the hospital facility and then the doctor as well. It's about $250 a piece and its not a duplicate, they are seperate charges.

That normal?

Yeah. Often the bill is broken into the actual expense of the MRI, the other is the bill from the reading radiologist for their services.
Also will happen with the ER, a hospital bill and the bill from the physicians group that the ED contracts with to run the ER.

Bah. Thanks

Wish they'd wrap it ito one, psychologically I'd feel better.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I am a CT tech and I had a female patient have an orgasm on two separate occasions after injecting her with IV contrast (OptiRay320). I had to tell her to stop wiggling around over the intercom because we weren't done scanning.

Both times, she begged me for another injection or to give her some to take home.

wtf lol i wish my injection was that....stimulating

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

getting a bill was fine, getting two was just surprising. thought i was getting fucked in the back of a volkswagen

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

When I had my upper endoscopy done I got 4 bills. One from the lab, the gastroenterologist, anesthesiologist, then the hospital where the procedure was done. All together about $1,000 out of pocket. But yes gettin seperate bills is pretty common.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Not really if he had it go thru his insurance. Based on his deductible that is. That would mean that the mri was only covered at a 40-50% rate. Imaging with most insurance companies is 10-25% patient responsibility based on how it is billed by the facility. It the patient goes to a hospital the hospital charges a higher fee than that of a normal imaging facility. This is why he is seeing the bill split into 3 categories- facility, radiologist fee for reading the imaging views, and the actual mri cost.

For anyone having to get higher costing diagnostic imaging views make sure you know your insurance and dont just use the place your provider wants to send you. This will save most of you hundreds of dollars.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

That's nothin! I had a colonoscopy... my insurance and my part... $20,000.00! B| Doc recommends another in 3-yrs. I'll take my chances.

Chuck

Christ.. what the hell were they checking for... your ability to get screwed?

Yup nothing wrong with our medical system in this country at all.

Don't ya just love those surprises????

That's nothin! I had a colonoscopy... my insurance and my part... $20,000.00! B| Doc recommends another in 3-yrs. I'll take my chances.

Chuck

Christ.. what the hell were they checking for... your ability to get screwed?

Yup nothing wrong with our medical system in this country at all.

Don't ya just love those surprises????

For that, I didn't even get dinner and a movie!>:(

Chuck

A couple years back my x took my son to th e r , can't remember why anymore but I was working as a paramedics and met them at the hospital , he needed an I V .. why I went and got the supplies from the cart set it up and stuck him .. as soon as the fluids ran through him Dr stopped in took a look and said he was good to go . I did all the work and still got 3 bills totalling almost 1500 dollars . I loved working within the medical community but i absolutely hate the greedy healthcare system as a whole ..

A couple years back my x took my son to th e r , can't remember why anymore but I was working as a paramedics and met them at the hospital , he needed an I V .. why I went and got the supplies from the cart set it up and stuck him .. as soon as the fluids ran through him Dr stopped in took a look and said he was good to go . I did all the work and still got 3 bills totalling almost 1500 dollars . I loved working within the medical community but i absolutely hate the greedy healthcare system as a whole ..

There is nothing "free" about health care because ultimately someone has to pay for it.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

That normal?

You got a really good deal!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Chuck

I have had a total of 5 colonoscopies and endoscopies in the last 2.5 years. The most expensive was 1600 bucks. Buddy, you got screwed!

Tell me about it!! Not even a smooch! Next time... if, there is one, I'm going to shop around. It's probably due to the area I live in. I'd get into it but I wouldn't want this moved to SC.

Chuck

I was over on the states jumping last year and broke my leg, long story short needed to be plated and screwed and came to approximately $50,000. Insurance company received the bill and looked through and observed they were getting screwed as they knew the real value of each item, said they weren't going to pay that amount and ended up paying about half the original quoted value. A friend was over about 3 months after that and hit a hanger, life support and the works were required, original bill approximately $750,000 actual payout $250,000.