LongWayToFall

Cold Weather. How cold can you go???

What is the coldest weather you have been in????

Park Rapids Minnesota when I was a kid...:S

It was so cold outside that your words froze solid coming outta your mouth...ya had to pick 'em up and take 'em inside just to hear what ya said! :)

:D I haven't heard that in years! The first time was from a cowboy in Wyoming. :D

Chuck

-31F is coldest I've ever been in. I'll take cold over hot any day of the week though. When it gets in the 90's with high humidity you just die, at least when it's cold you can throw some layers on and stay warm. Any snowboarder knows it's not hard to break a sweat in below freezing temps.

I am going to say -15 to -35f which was the difference in the base of the mountain and the peak.

I have my temp set to to cool at 78f and let me tell you it feels chilly at times when the ceiling fans are going and the air is blowing. I have to get a blanket..:D

I dont think I can handle being cold anymore. Thank goodness I live in Florida...:D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

The coldest I've experienced is in '86..... - 46C, thats (-51F); the wind chill factor was off the scale..... skin froze in seconds. Spent three days in a tented encampment....!... lol...B|

I jumped on October 17th where the temp at exit according to my altitrack was -23C... :o After that I think I'd go again. I was layered properly and I'm kinda thick skinned to start with anyway..

It can get >:(nasty>:( cold up here.:ph34r:

Half-Way to 'A' and lovin' them blue skies...
and women with pretty blue eyes...
& ... "EH?"

Wow, that's right. It was cold when you came out here. Guess you're lucky I turned on the heater

LOL...very lucky! Although, if you hadn't you would have had the glory of being able to say you turned Skymama into a popsicle. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That's funny! I am in the very small town of Lefor, which is about 15 minutes away from Dickinson. If I get a chance tomorrow maybe I will go take a look at that church.

Man, some of you guys are much braver than me! Today it got up to 30 degrees, even 10 degrees above zero is a giant difference. 30 was almost tropical!

I used to live in Phoenix, and on some of the hottest days our thermostat was set at 80f, and coming inside felt like entering a meat locker!!! When I went to Miami for the first time a few months back it was 100f and 100% humidity, and that is the most god awful feeling ever. I am not envious of you Florida folk. It is all a matter of perspective, I suppose.

Bill- I think you take the cake for cold conditions! That does sound fun though. I bet if your altimeter broke you would be in trouble, solid white ground cannot be easy for determining your altitude visually.

Grew up in Northern Minnesota. I remember a temperature of about 40 below zero with a wind chill of minus-100. They were telling cars to get off of the highway because if you went into a ditch, you'd freeze to death before someone found you.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...