Heatmiser

Have you ever been unfaithful?

...and if so, why or why not? If you have a story to tell, but cannot due to privacy, you can pm me and it will be posted anonymously.
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Yup. Been unfaithful. Against a girlfriend or two. But, I don't really call that cheating unless your are engaged or the next step. . .Marriage. Looking back, calling it "cheating" on a girlfriend is rather over-dramatic compared to being committed to someone by a proposal and marriage.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Yup. Been unfaithful. Against a girlfriend or two. But, I don't really call that cheating unless your are engaged or the next step. . .Marriage. Looking back, calling it "cheating" on a girlfriend is rather over-dramatic compared to being committed to someone by a proposal and marriage.

I have to admit I used to not be very good boyfriend material, but I've been a really good husband. :)

I put her through two deployments and a war. She is still here. She's a good Wife; I'm a good a husband. There's no question:)

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Never, and it's a really big deal to me. I've never understood how people take it so lightly - I guess it doesn't help that TV and movies treat infidelity as a bit of a joke.

But I suppose I have unrealistic expectations. I'd guess there's been a third party involved in at least 50 percent of broken relationships.

No offense but someone would have to be a real dumbass to PM you or anyone else a story about why the cheated on a current partner.

I agree. I really didn't expect someone to talk about why with their current S.O. Past transgressions may still be embarrassing to some. My wife an I have been together 16 years, and we've had some REALLY shitty times off and on. Even then, infidelity never happened. My curiosity is why, when it does happen. For those who have been unfaithful, is it something you slipped into, or did you go actively looking for it. Was it incremental, or all at once. Mostly I was just bored when I made this poll. :P
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Never, and it's a really big deal to me. I've never understood how people take it so lightly - I guess it doesn't help that TV and movies treat infidelity as a bit of a joke.

But I suppose I have unrealistic expectations. I'd guess there's been a third party involved in at least 50 percent of broken relationships.

Being unfaithful to someone you care about is bad enough, but when ya do it... you're being less than honorable to YOURSELF, and there is no excuse for that.

All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one. . .
~Scarface

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Being unfaithful to someone you care about is bad enough, but when ya do it... you're being less than honorable to YOURSELF, and there is no excuse for that.

All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one. . .
~Scarface

Quoting Scarface...2 extra man points for you!B|

With previous girlfriends I was usually loyal. If I did cheat, is was only after she'd cheated first. (Every woman I've ever been serious with has cheated on me. I passed up some nice opportunities because I was too busy being faithful. Damn.)

Married 19 years & haven't cheated yet, though I must admit in recent years it's because I haven't had the option. I have evidence she cheated early in the marriage. Even if she didn't, the fact remains she pushed me away years ago and recently decided to pursue divorce. Wonder if she'd get mad if I did spend some time w/ someone? She kinda forfeited her right to demand any further loyalty.

Of course, I'd have to be retrained. Currency is overrated as far as skydiving is concerned, but...

Cheers,
Jon S.