cocheese

How was your 2010?

That was a tough question, took some thought, but after thinking about it I have decided that 2010 was probably the best year ever!

In 2009 I got married and went to St. Lucia so that was pretty awesome.

But in 2010 we went to the boogie in Belize and jumped into the Blue Hole, to Normandy for D Day and watched 500 paratroopers do a reenactment, did my largest formation jumps to date, was selected for a leadership program at work, AND I got knocked up (on purpose). :D:D:)
So far it's been a most excellent year. B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Man, you had a great year. B|B|

This year wasn't the best. I spent the first half of it recovering from shoulder surgery, almost 8 months without jumping. But hey, I have my friends, my family, my wife around me, a career I love and all kinds of cool toys and fun things to do. And we did make it down to Chicks Rock. I really can't complain.

I got my leg back, I got my A....I lost something more important. [:/]
But my friends were there for me :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I turned 50 and have done some amazing things in those 50 years! B|

I also got another granddaughter this year...makes three grandchildren by blood and one granddaughter through my boyfriend. :)
Although it's not quite over yet, and I've probably actually had BETTER years, I'd still say that 2010 has been a good year. ;)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

i got near 70 jumps this year which quite a record for me with a few saturdays having about 6 or 7 and anyone that knows me round the DZ knows i dont go up that often due to work. also got to jump in new zealand :)
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

Why can't we have multiple answers???? That just ain't right... 2010... BADASS YEAR!!!!!! B|:):)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

2010 was an excellent year. A really nice trip to Glacier National Park (first big vacation in a few years). A really nice baby and although we had a lot of changes, surprisingly stressful at time, but completely worth it!

The swooping was fun and CP Nats is sort of like a dysfunctional family reunion, but my dropzone was run off the city airport and closed.

At the end of the day, The Dude said it best:

Oh, you know ... Strikes and gutters, ups and downs.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So many trips this year! Went to Nashville/Myrtle Beach/Hilton Head Island, Fort Lauderdale, Vermont, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Monterey, and Kennedy Space Center!

Got offered a job post-graduation, was (admittedly informally) offered a slot in an MD/PhD program, found out I'll graduate with a BS and an MS simultaneously (in a total of 5 years), and got a job at a Neurology clinic doing medical research.

Returned to snowboarding, and oh yea... STARTED SKYDIVING.

It's been a good year. :)

Come, my friends! 'Tis not too late to seek out a newer world!

Got divorced with two small kids.
Mom diagnosed with terminal illness, and I'm her primary support.
Friend killed ice-climbing.
Credit card stolen.
Motorhome broken into.
Lots of unpaid work the first half of the year.
But hey, I got a new (used) car - the first in twelve years :)
Had to cash in a lot of my retirement savings.
Got a great new job, making slightly less than I was making ten years ago.
Very little skydiving - least amount since I started.
First time in six years that I'm not teaching scuba.

Some good things - went diving in Cozumel for a week, my three-year old started kindergarten at Waldorf (costs as much as I paid for college, though), started running.

If I were superstitious, I would say I'll be very glad when this year is over. But since I'm not superstitious, I'll just say, C'est la vie. Of course, I don't really speak French, so sometime I mistakenly say Merde la vie, but it's accidental :)

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD