alanab

**PLEASE HELP** - medical use of private plane for a friend

Hi long lost friends! So, I have a friend who fell 100 ft rock climbing a couple months ago, he has a traumatic brain injury and was in a coma in the ICU, then was transferred to the spinal and brain injury hospital here in Denver. His family needs to fly him back to San Fran sometime in December to start his therapy there, where they live. The problem is that the doctors say he cannot handle the airport security and all that goes along with it due to the extent of his brain injury, obviously the 21 hour drive is out of the question as well, and his insurance wont cover the medical flight... so his family has reached out to friends and family asking for help, if anyone knows anyone who has a private plane that might be able to help out. I have tried the 3 people I know whose family's have private jets and they won't help. Then, I decided to reach out to the skydiving community for help because there are a lot of pilots and plane owners around here. Anyhow, let me know if you guys might be able to help out in any way or have any ideas to help his family get him home safely! If you can forward this on to anyone that might be willing to help, that would be great! Thanks so much :) My email address is in my profile.

Hi long lost friends! So, I have a friend who fell 100 ft rock climbing a couple months ago, he has a traumatic brain injury and was in a coma in the ICU, then was transferred to the spinal and brain injury hospital here in Denver. His family needs to fly him back to San Fran sometime in December to start his therapy there, where they live. The problem is that the doctors say he cannot handle the airport security and all that goes along with it due to the extent of his brain injury, obviously the 21 hour drive is out of the question as well, and his insurance wont cover the medical flight... so his family has reached out to friends and family asking for help, if anyone knows anyone who has a private plane that might be able to help out. I have tried the 3 people I know whose family's have private jets and they won't help. Then, I decided to reach out to the skydiving community for help because there are a lot of pilots and plane owners around here. Anyhow, let me know if you guys might be able to help out in any way or have any ideas to help his family get him home safely! If you can forward this on to anyone that might be willing to help, that would be great! Thanks so much :) My email address is in my profile.

What about an RV?

The problem you are going to run into with private planes and friends would be the liability to transport a person with a medical condition.

Pre call the airlines and airport. They can transport your friend. However, you are looking at having to buy multiple seats on the plane which will be costly. Don't rule it out.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

The problem you are going to run into with private planes and friends would be the liability to transport a person with a medical condition.

Pre call the airlines and airport. They can transport your friend. However, you are looking at having to buy multiple seats on the plane which will be costly. Don't rule it out.

of first class!

Hi Alana.... I used to be an EMT with Rural Metro Ambulance and know that Flight For Life has a jet for medical transport. We used to pick up patients and drop off out of Centenial Airport without security.

If you can find someone willing to donate a plane and flight time another option might be to hire some practitioners and equipment for transport. Sorry I sent this reply without tracking down any numbers, but can probably head you in the right direction or connect you with the right people to get there if you need the help. I'm sure if done properly insurance would help cover some of the costs but maybe not?

Good luck.

Josh
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Is he on any machines? What is his medical condition right now? Hiring a private person to do this kinda thing is a big liability if somethig goes wrong. Is he even cleared for flight? I know some people cant fly due to the altitudes most planes fly at. If the only reason he cant go by commercial plane is the asinine security you can call ahead and make special accomodations possibly, not sure though.

Sorry for such a vauge response im typing from my iphone while on shift(im a paramedic).
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Hiring a private person to do this kinda thing is a big liability if somethig goes wrong.

Agreed, they would likely have to be hired through a medical transport company ie ambulance company, along with the equipment needed. If a stretcher was required at any time, it would then have to be a fully equipped medical transport plane.

...and his insurance wont cover the medical flight...

Oh.. just reread that. A private jet and maybe someone willing to just ride along (like a friend of family doc etc.) may be the only option that won't cost tens of thousands of $$.

Oh.. just reread that. A private jet and maybe someone willing to just ride along (like a friend of family doc etc.) may be the only option that won't cost tens of thousands of $$.

My girlfriend had a close friend int he same situation who needed a long distance transport t had little money to spend, as most of us do. They found a christian medical flight non profit group of sorts who does those kinda things just for the cost of fuel or something like that. Ill let you know what company they used soon as i find out. I know her friend was on a shittton of machines as she had been involved in a BAD motorcycle wreck.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

My girlfriend had a close friend int he same situation who needed a long distance transport t had little money to spend, as most of us do. They found a christian medical flight non profit group of sorts who does those kinda things just for the cost of fuel or something like that. Ill let you know what company they used soon as i find out. I know her friend was on a shittton of machines as she had been involved in a BAD motorcycle wreck.

Sorryit took me a bit to reply on this one... My friend flew with Pilots for Christ. Hope it helps!
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

Alanab and all.

I have carried this brochure with me for several years. You never know when it may be needed.

Lifeline Pilots 1800 822 7972

The brochure says "The Shortest Distance between Home and Hope"

Connecting people in need with FREE air transport

*to obtain medical treatment
* for scheduled organ transplant service
*for special humanitarian service
*for medical evalutation

I hope that this is helpful to you, and I suggest that all of you post it at your dz.

I found it at mine.
Beth
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Angel Flight is the best! I coordinated with them during Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. We flew over 150 planes loaded with supplies to several Gulf Coast cities. From all the pilots, many of whom are physicians, I heard heartwarming stories of the other medical missions they fly - where they take patients to get the care they need. I highly recommend you contact Angel Flight. Best wishes. Celebrate life.

SkyJulia