mileshill540

study of behaviors and attitudes in sport

Dear all,
I am currently gathering data for my 3rd year research project at Bangor University, the study looks at people's attitudes and behaviors in sport, specifically, higher risk sports.

If you are 18 or over and have been involved in skydiving for 3 years or more and have a spare 10/15 minuets, your contribution would be greatly appreciated.

Please follow this link to complete the survey:

https://survey.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/riskbehaviors

If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Many thanks in advance.
Miles Hill.

Dear all,
I am currently gathering data for my 3rd year research project at Bangor University, the study looks at people's attitudes and behaviors in sport, specifically, higher risk sports.

If you are 18 or over and have been involved in skydiving for 3 years or more and have a spare 10/15 minuets, your contribution would be greatly appreciated.

Please follow this link to complete the survey:

https://survey.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/riskbehaviors

If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Many thanks in advance.
Miles Hill.

You'll get a lot more responses if you make a live clicky. ;)

I dropped out at q8.

At (c) I wanted to answer "Always" which may not be what you want to hear, but let's face it, if I don't go up I can sit on the ground and be safe.

But I honestly can't figure out what you mean, or want to hear, at (e).
Johan.
I am. I think.

But I honestly can't figure out what you mean, or want to hear, at (e).

I think it's done that way on purpose. I have friends who majored in psychology, and they could probably tell you the "right" answers, but I just put down how I felt. I don't think I fit the whuffo stereotype of what a skydiver is.

...have a spare 10/15 minuets...

Hello Miles.

We've been studied like lab rats for years in this forum, and we're sick and tired of it.

I can't dance worth a darn, so I certainly don't have 10 or more minuets to spare.

Dear all,
I sympathize with your frustrations in relation to these type of studies, it appears you as skydivers have been done to death with them. This study is a validation of a new measure, which involves people answering the new one alongside older measures, hence the long winded nature of it. The questions themselves I have nothing to do with and I agree they do go on a bit. This study, once complete will be of little interest to any of the people who took part in it, they will simply be helping consolidate something which can be used more purposefully in the future. I am aware of several studies which have used skydivers as their main study population recently, I shall do what I can within my (very minimal) powers to have the studies disseminated down to the people who took part, which seems only fair to me.

Again, sorry to use you guys as a 'risk' population again, it seems academics haven't been the most forthcoming in explaining things. If however you do have a spare ten mins and can stomach the tedium of another questionnaire I would very much appreciate it if you could complete the study. I will make sure the results (although a long way off) are made public to the people who took part.

If you would like to contact me directly regarding this study please do: [email protected]

Many thanks

Miles Hill

Miles, you won me over with your honesty and apologetic approach :)
I hate surveys, especially by phone, that go on and on with no indication of how many questions there'll be. I didn't find yours too bad at all.

Good luck with it!

Me too. Study done.

The fact that it didn't ask for any personal info (name, e-mail addy, that sort) and was open and honest about where it was coming from were big "plus factors" for me.
It would have been nice to know how many pages there were. Having "page x of y" next to the continue button would have been nice.

Although some of the questions were a bit hard to answer accurately.
I don't "think I'd like to learn to fly a plane" because I already know how. Same with "trying parachuting.":P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Many thanks for all your help again. I did ask for a breast exhibit at the end of the study however the ethics comity vetoed that one, thats committees for you! no sense of humor. I think there is an indicator somewhere telling you how many pages left, however my ability with computers negates anything to good from happening.

Again many thanks. A summary of results will be posted here when the study is complete (a long time and many brews, tears and breakdowns away yet).

Miles