airtwardo

Mirage AD ~ Let's take a poll.

~What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss?

1,700 dollars...I had a bike for sale, a VERY good friend of mine wanted it, but was hurting for money, So I told him we would flip a coin, he wins, he gets the bike, he loses, he makes payments! "he won"!:)

I'm much more offended at ads for expensive drugs trying to get people who are currently on less-expensive alternatives to change, ads for $300 baby clothes, ads for crap food, and stuff like that.

Ads sell in part by image. At car shows, the coolest cars come with babes across the hood. Do they come that way at the dealership?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

so far, 7 uptight women, no surprise, BUT, One uptight male?

Don't be so quick to label people uptight women, or 'uptight assholes' as you said in another thread. None of these people are offending you, but you are so quick to say something very negative about people who share a different viewpoint than yourself. You are not adding anything to a rational argument, IMO.

I could go either way on this whole Mirage shenanigan. There are certainly worse ads out there, but the fact that they MISSPELL words on their ad broadcasted to thousands of skydivers (hello elementary education spellcheck?) and they choose to use ads that put down some of their customer base is extremely unprofessional, especially for a company that is supposed to represent safety and top notch gear performance.

Even if I were on the fence on what rig to buy next, their behavior on this whole issue has probably swayed me to not buy from them. I don't hate them, I just won't buy from them. I have more respect for companies who are upstanding and professional on multiple dimensions.

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

I see a great opportunity for the next poll. Did 'twardo make his own speeling mistake on purpose, or not? :P

Of course not..... BillVon edited it in to make me look st00pider.

He's has a personal Black Helicopter that HH gave him, and he follows people around ...keepin' 'em down! >:(:$:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

so far, 7 uptight women, no surprise, BUT, One uptight male?

Don't be so quick to label people uptight women, or 'uptight assholes' as you said in another thread. None of these people are offending you, but you are so quick to say something very negative about people who share a different viewpoint than yourself. You are not adding anything to a rational argument, IMO.

I could go either way on this whole Mirage shenanigan. There are certainly worse ads out there, but the fact that they MISSPELL words on their ad broadcasted to thousands of skydivers (hello elementary education spellcheck?) and they choose to use ads that put down some of their customer base is extremely unprofessional, especially for a company that is supposed to represent safety and top notch gear performance.

Even if I were on the fence on what rig to buy next, their behavior on this whole issue has probably swayed me to not buy from them. I don't hate them, I just won't buy from them. I have more respect for companies who are upstanding and professional on multiple dimensions.

Knee jerk often? Geezzuusss, it was a fuckin JOKE...untwist yer panties!:S

Obviously not a scientific poll, but if you factor in the boobies votes as being not offended...it's about 85% 'for' and 15% 'against'.

Given the free exposure and discussion the ad brought about and continues to spark...I stand by my earlier statement regarding it being a brilliant piece of marking.

Without looking, who can describe the OTHER gear manufacturers ads in the recent Parachutist or Blue Skies?

I can't find the pics on this computer, must be in my other one, but in a similar women forum thread, I posted some of the SSE ads from the 70's for things like altimeters and sentinels...that were as if not more 'revealing'. :o

I wonder if a great controversy was created back then? :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Knee jerk often? Geezzuusss, it was a fuckin JOKE...untwist yer panties!

No actually, my panties rarely get in a wad, thanks for asking...its the fact that you are being very rude to others who don't agree with you. It's actually not a joke when you start calling people names for stating their opinion.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

Knee jerk often? Geezzuusss, it was a fuckin JOKE...untwist yer panties!

No actually, my panties rarely get in a wad, thanks for asking...its the fact that you are being very rude to others who don't agree with you. It's actually not a joke when you start calling people names for stating their opinion.

I am guessing you were one of them over sensitves folks then! Breath, Smile, Enjoy life, yer wayyy too uptight!

I am guessing you were one of them over sensitves folks then! Breath, Smile, Enjoy life, yer wayyy too uptight!

The only thing I'm uptight about is finishing my godforsaken masochistic masters thesis, NOT this dinky little thread. I'm just observing that you automatically call people names if you don't agree with them. I could give two shits about you calling me names, you are the least of my worries.:)
My whole point is that I'm not 'offended' by their ad, but due to the way they have both put down some of their customer base (didn't say it was me, because its not) AND don't care enough to spell check their ads, I will probably not be buying a Mirage. I like my Odyssey way too much anyway:)
Anyway, I'm done with this thread, moving on.
D.S. #8.8

The only thing I'm uptight about is finishing my godforsaken masochistic masters thesis, NOT this dinky little thread. I'm just observing that you automatically call people names if you don't agree with them. I could give two shits about you calling me names, you are the least of my worries.:)
My whole point is that I'm not 'offended' by their ad, but due to the way they have both put down some of their customer base (didn't say it was me, because its not) AND don't care enough to spell check their ads, I will probably not be buying a Mirage. I like my Odyssey way too much anyway:)
Anyway, I'm done with this thread, moving on.

Really...please show me where...too much coffeee while studying today? :S

BTW, "calling people names" means I specifically reffered to "one" individual.....Not making a general comment like "some assholes" Please show me what you are reffering to! because if it is true, I owe an apoligy to some asshole!:ph34r:

I'm just observing that you automatically call people names if you don't agree with them.

Really...please show me where...

"Now that we have "your" racist hang ups out off the way..."
"I meant rich assholes..."
"untwist yer panties!"
"yer wayyy too uptight!"

Really...please show me where...

I finally saw the new ad...I laughed my ass off, fuck the uptight assholes that thought the other ad's were too racey/sexual/obscene.

You asked, so there you go.

Got a ton of data analysis to do today, so have a great day :)
D.S. #8.8

Obviously not a scientific poll, but if you factor in the boobies votes as being not offended...it's about 85% 'for' and 15% 'against'.

If you ignore the "boobies" votes as meaningless, that leaves 10% of the men, 44% of the women, and 19% overall, who find it offensive. That's a pretty big chunk of the potential market, and since the size of the market isn't that big to begin with, and is filled with competitors, then why diminish it even more?

And what about the ethics and morality of alienating one segment, in order to curry favor with another? What happened to treating everyone with respect, honor and integrity?