Andy0689

Mirage Ad

If I didn't know better, I'd say you lived in San Francisco... BUT I do know better. You're gayer than my gay friends. :D

What's wrong with being gay or wearing leather!
Some of my best friends wear leather!
And some of my other best friends are gay.
FYI gay guys make for great wing men. For some reason really really really freaking hot size 6 chicks love them and there are no sloppy seconds! :)3-2-1 (angry chick rant, duck for cover, cover your balls, hide the cats and lock up the sharp pointy objects!)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I said.... You're gayer than my gay friends. That was clearly not a jab against gay folks.

LOL, mY reply earlier (about being offended) was the Shaw, for saying he would get naked for the ad.:o..Guess I shoudl have quoted...I thought you were joking too, when I replied to you!:SB|

3-2-1 (angry chick rant, duck for cover, cover your balls, hide the cats and lock up the sharp pointy objects!)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

The first step is recognizing you have a problem >:(

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about... Its a fucking ad. The racy ones were pretty funny. I think anyone who is legitimately offended by them may be over analyzing, and looking at things a little too seriously. Obviously buying a Mirage is not going to get a model to have sex with you. It was, to me, funny in an absurd sense. To be so bothered by the ad that you come on DZ.com and post a bunch of crap about how it hurt your feelings is really lame. I think this crack at those select people is well deserved, and also funny.

For those of you complaining that the ad doesn't say anything about the product's quality... How about the CYPRES ad? "Simply safer skydiving" set to the background of a persons shoes, presumably relaxing due to their relative "safety." It doesn't mention anything about computer algorithms, years of testing, number of saves, etc. All of that information is readily accessible other places, and any smart consumer does not need to find it in a magazine ad. I jump with a CYPRES because I have researched it on my own, and read the literature available on their website.

My point? Anyone who is buying gear should be looking up the spec's of that gear on their own, and getting subjective opinions from people they know who have used it. A magazine ad for an established manufacturer merely serves to put the name out there, so why not do it in a fun or creative manner?

Honestly, I can't believe the cry baby bullshit that is surrounding these ads.

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about... Its a fucking ad. The racy ones were pretty funny. I think anyone who is legitimately offended by them may be over analyzing, and looking at things a little too seriously. Obviously buying a Mirage is not going to get a model to have sex with you. It was, to me, funny in an absurd sense. To be so bothered by the ad that you come on DZ.com and post a bunch of crap about how it hurt your feelings is really lame. I think this crack at those select people is well deserved, and also funny.

For those of you complaining that the ad doesn't say anything about the product's quality... How about the CYPRES ad? "Simply safer skydiving" set to the background of a persons shoes, presumably relaxing due to their relative "safety." It doesn't mention anything about computer algorithms, years of testing, number of saves, etc. All of that information is readily accessible other places, and any smart consumer does not need to find it in a magazine ad. I jump with a CYPRES because I have researched it on my own, and read the literature available on their website.

My point? Anyone who is buying gear should be looking up the spec's of that gear on their own, and getting subjective opinions from people they know who have used it. A magazine ad for an established manufacturer merely serves to put the name out there, so why not do it in a fun or creative manner?

Ruhht Rohhhh...now yer on the shit list with me...:ph34r:

Haha, did you receive some backlash for a similar statement? It must be buried somewhere within the _SIX_ pages of this thread. I couldn't bear to sift through any more of it! I'm seriously astounded by the fact that people can be so upset about this! :S

Yes I did , and am still catching it on the sister thread....

Obviously buying a Mirage is not going to get a model to have sex with you.

?????:(

So, should I cancel my order?

BTW Ryan, I really don't sense that much upset over the ad in this thread. Mainly kidding around, some discussion about advertising and marketing. Some folks getting upset with each other. Typical on-line banter.

It's all good...:D
I believe you have my stapler.

Haha, yes you should cancel it. Buying a girl drinks is more likely to result in intercourse, and far less expensive than a G4..

What Mirage really should work on is getting their rigs out in a timely manner! My 9 week delivery is on week 14 and counting! :D

Rattle thier fuckin Cage..>:(

Haha, yes you should cancel it. Buying a girl drinks is more likely to result in intercourse, and far less expensive than a G4..

What Mirage really should work on is getting their rigs out in a timely manner! My 9 week delivery is on week 14 and counting! :D

Maybe they are waiting for the hot chick to give birth to your rig? That might mean it will be about 9 months.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

That's not important. What counts is that they're generating lots of "buzz" about their rig.
Nobody here cares about production time or customer service.

Please do inform me how exactly it is 'fun or creative' to take a picture of a half naked chick with a rig.

Thats like the advertisement version of 'your mom' joke.

In the civilized world (outside of US of A) there is nothing racy about a naked woman.

However I personally do feel that it is demeaning towards me as male to think that you can sell, whatever it is that you're selling, by showing some female skin.

If that makes me an uptight über serious person then so be it.

Fact is I need to buy a new rig and I had considered Mirage as one option. After those two ads I won't buy one.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Please do inform me how exactly it is 'fun or creative' to take a picture of a half naked chick with a rig.

please inform me how half naked she is .
Please inform me where the rig is on the ad.

To me the people who think anything bad from the Mirage adverts are perverts. They see evil everywhere. ( . Y . )
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Legs showing is half naked? Yep, that make sthem Uptight, VERY uptight!:o

Legs showing is half naked? Yep, that make sthem Uptight, VERY uptight!:o
do these people (or their wives) wear BURKINI's when going to the beach or the pool ? :o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thats like the advertisement version of 'your mom' joke.

In the civilized world (outside of US of A) there is nothing racy about a naked woman.

However I personally do feel that it is demeaning towards me as male to think that you can sell, whatever it is that you're selling, by showing some female skin.

If that makes me an uptight über serious person then so be it.

Fact is I need to buy a new rig and I had considered Mirage as one option. After those two ads I won't buy one.

1) I thought the ad was funny. It certainly has a less than serious tone about it.. Creative? No I'm in agreement with you there. But, a light-hearted, and fun ad nonetheless.

2) I would argue that there is a difference between an anatomical "picture of a naked woman," and a picture of a woman taking off sexy panties with high heels on. Can't see the difference? Well, your loss.

3) You must feel demeaned quite often. Advertising is bullshit, we all know it. Its all about trying to make you buy a product that you a) probably don't need, and b) could find elsewhere. But to feel demeaned by it? Get real. Again, I don't think the ad was seriously implying that girls will fuck you if you jump a Mirage. The only girls that might, almost (but probably not) care about your rig, are those that skydive.. And they make up what? Maybe 0.5% of the female population, if that? I also don't think the ad was trying to insinuate that you are so stupid as to think that girls will fuck you because you jump a mirage. I think, and I'm no expert here, that it was A JOKE. A crass joke? Sure, maybe. But I'm sure you've been, and will continue to be exposed to much worse at the dropzone, at the bar, on the internet, and maybe even in the grocery store when you accidentally look at the cover of a Maxim magazine.

So, in summary-- You are undeniably entitled to your opinion, and I to mine. Don't buy a Mirage if you don't want one, I certainly don't give a shit. Would you be as upset if Mirage posted an ad of a man dropping his boxers with the caption "Nothing makes them drop faster than a woman in a Mirage!"? Or would you see that as an obvious attempt at humor?