skittles_of_SDC

Favorite color films in 120 format?

What is you favorite 120 color negative or slide film? I picked up a couple rolls of Ektar 100 that I will be shooting this weekend and I'm going to try getting a roll of portra 400VC as well. I hear excellent things about Velvia 50 and 100 in the slide film category and I intend to give that a try as well. Are there any other color films I should try out before I pick one of these as my go to film?

I've always gotton great results with the Fuji Velvia...back in the time before memory cards...:P

The consensus seems to be that the brilliance of colors you get with Velvia cannot be beat for landscapes but that it is overly saturated for portraits.

Film isn't dead just yet. This will be my first medium format camera and I'm excited to start shooting film again (first time in 4ish years). Instant is back too just in case you were wondering. The Impossible Project makes some nice Polaroid films. I picked myself up an SX-70 for this purpose.

Good for you on shooting film. I am sorry I got rid of my 35mm Nikons. My vote is for Velvia as well. I loved it for skydiving shots as the blue was awesome.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey