skyrider

I Will No Longer Be Using Email

All you letters will be returned, stamps are, what, 42 cents now?:P

44 cents! [:/] With the latest programs from the USPS, you can put ANY photo on your own postage now! ;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

44 cents! [:/] With the latest programs from the USPS, you can put ANY photo on your own postage now! ;)

I was looking at some of my grandmothers correspondence while going thru old family pictures from the early 1900's.

I noticed the stamps... $.06-.08 and a couple from her family in England with 9pence stamps.

I will only be using snail mail this year,I'll be licking stamps in appreciation for the newest issue... (NSFW)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/illinois/image001.jpg

Yeah, but you will be licking the wrong side!;)

Back when Stalin was in charge of the USSR, they issued a new stamp with his face on it. But the stamps kept falling off the envelopes. They found out that people were spitting on the wrong side. :)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I was looking at some of my grandmothers correspondence while going thru old family pictures from the early 1900's.

I noticed the stamps... $.06-.08 and a couple from her family in England with 9pence stamps.

I have 1/2 penny stamps...never heard of cheaper ones, I bet yours are worth a bunch, hope ya kept them!

I have 1/2 penny stamps...never heard of cheaper ones, I bet yours are worth a bunch, hope ya kept them!

They're definitely worth a fortune -- to her! What a wonderful treasure you have there, Amazon.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Yeah, but you will be licking the wrong side!;)

What does a 9-volt battery and an asshole have in common?
-
--
---
----
-----
------
-------
--------
---------
----------
-----------
------------
-------------
--------------
---------------
----------------
-----------------
------------------
-------------------
You know you shouldn't put your tongue on it, but you'll give it a try at least once.

They're definitely worth a fortune -- to her! What a wonderful treasure you have there, Amazon.

It is indeed a fortune, being able to hear in my mind my grandmother and great grandmothers voices again but with the pictures of them when they were young and unencumbered with age:)
The pictures are also interesting. Some are heavily faded since they stretch from just after the War Betwixt the States up till her death almost 100 years later. It is a view into what Florida was in the 19th Century and early 20'th. Trying to ascertain who is in the pictures is difficult now in many cases. At least many of Grandmothers pictures have who is in them on the back, although listing Marie or one of her 8 sisters or 3 brothers with their "friend of the moment", for old unknown boyfriends or girlfriends is less than helpful in many cases. I am sure those families would love to see what Granny or granddad looked like when they were young.

Eventually all of the correspondence and all of the pictures will be available to our family online