Calvin19

Pet Bird to Feed a Cat

My sisters cat has been living with me at my shop, and it seems to be obsessed with birds. The cat does not enjoy the outside, but sits in the window to stare at the annoying chirping *#@#ers all day. Thinking of buying cheap pet bird for her to play with/eat.

thoughts?

Half serious here. (Half trolling too, but I think it's a good idea for the cat)

-SPACE-

My sisters cat has been living with me at my shop, and it seems to be obsessed with birds. The cat does not enjoy the outside, but sits in the window to stare at the annoying chirping *#@#ers all day. Thinking of buying cheap pet bird for her to play with/eat.

thoughts?

Half serious here. (Half trolling too, but I think it's a good idea for the cat)

Just remember.... the stupid thing is going to shit everywhere...

thoughts?

Just remember.... the stupid thing is going to shit everywhere...

That is directly proportionate to the amount of exposure it has to the cat.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My cat brings me live animals ususally birds. She like to release them in the house.

She did this the last time we were gone for a week and there was bird crap EVERYWHERE!

The cat enjoys watching us chase the bird around the house. She only plays with live things, has no interest in it once it is dead.

I thought about getting a small kiddie pool and filling it with gold fish or guppies for her enjoy.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

If she wants the bird, she will go outside to get it.

Bringing in a pet bird from a store, with clipped wings, to an enclosed space reminds me of a dickless canned "hunter".

If the cat really wants the bird and you let kitty outside, kitty will try to get the bird.

While some kitties will get the bird, most birds will get kitty instead--which is way more hilarious. :D

BTW, both of our kitties "chatter" at the birds outside. Both of our kitties get to go outside for an hour or so each day. Zoe' has yet to catch a bird, but has brought in (our lesson learned by opening the door before checking first) a couple mice and several lizards. None have ever been injured (which is surprising as her teeth are insanely sharp); she just lets them go once inside and chases them further.

Sabre, otoh, once outside will just lay there and maybe extend his paw for a swat if a bird or squirrel comes near, but ultimately gives up and takes a nap. :D He's my baby. :)
Zoe' has her own redeeming qualities, however. We had a very annoying mole in or backyard for a short while, but I had not gotten around to researching a humane trap-n-release company before I let Zo out one morning and she came back with the mole in her mouth. :D It was SO cute. And it saved us money as we were able to relocate it ourselves. :)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

thoughts?

Quit playing with your pussy and get back to work....You don't by chance work at "Phantm Jumps suits " do you?:P

thoughts?

Quit playing with your pussy and get back to work....You don't by chance work at "Phantm Jumps suits " do you?:P

Dont diss the phantm suit dude. I'll vouch. I have bought 3. :ph34r:

-SPACE-

thoughts?

Dont diss the phantm suit dude. I'll vouch. I have bought 3. :ph34r:

Then go here:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3845922;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

The cat does not enjoy the outside, but sits in the window to stare...

Open window.

Shove cat out.

Close window.

Problems solved.

I received explicit instructions from sister to not do that. coyotes/owls/mountain lions etc. It's a good thing the cat just runs back inside when brought outside.

-SPACE-

buy one of those $15 RC helicopters, fun for both of you and less messy.

http://www.web-chops.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/rc-helicopter2.jpg

Until the tail rotor shaft sucks in a a bunch of fur and gets stuck to the cat. I had to cut a micro heli off of my sister's cat last Christmas:D

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I have tested about 10 different indoor models. BY FAR the best is the Lama V4. this thing is super stable and a retard can fly it.

I have flown all these ships around the cat, and she is pretty afraid of all of them. wont get within 5 feet, but looks curiously.

the one she is not afraid of is my 450 speed 3D outdoor heli, I hover it now and then indoors. pretty tight room, (8x4m with a 2.7m ceiling)

this thing would take her head off, not kidding. but it is so smooth during the spool up she will just walk right up to it. I have to put her in another room.

-SPACE-

None have ever been injured (which is surprising as her teeth are insanely sharp); she just lets them go once inside and chases them further.

Wow, that's pretty cool - I've never heard of a cat that would bring in a live animal and then just relinquish it without harm. Normally they're not content until they've (eventually) killed the poor thing.

thoughts?

Get her one of these. http://www.audubon.org/centennial/images/species/Bald_Eagle_lg2.jpg Then you won't have to worry about the cat anymore.:P
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

buy one of those $15 RC helicopters, fun for both of you and less messy.

http://www.web-chops.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/rc-helicopter2.jpg

Until the tail rotor shaft sucks in a a bunch of fur and gets stuck to the cat. I had to cut a micro heli off of my sister's cat last Christmas:D
I brought a $20 cheapie Air Hogs helicoptor (it may actually be the same brand as the one pictured but mine different shaped ad mostly foam for the base), the cheap foam R/C heli that you can simply suddenly stop midair, and it does not get damaged when it comes crashing to the ground.

I accidentally discovered that a friend's cat loved to chase that helicoptor (which was slightly smaller than a robin bird), including leaping up for it.

I simply let go of the controls and let the helicoptor die everytime the cat came too close. The cat bats at it for a while, and then steps away, whereupon I right it up on a flat surface and take off again, re-interesting the cat. Also, the plastic blades and motors are pretty weak, that isn't likely to tangle on fur no matter how hard I tried. (unless maybe it was a persian cat) Even when the cat pounced on the helicoptor with full spinning blades, it wasn't deterred as the weak plastic blades stops quite suddenly when swatted at by a paw, so it seems pretty safe, but best to stop the blades just right before the cat touches the heli. :)

Wow, that's pretty cool - I've never heard of a cat that would bring in a live animal and then just relinquish it without harm. Normally they're not content until they've (eventually) killed the poor thing.

It's funny 'cause it's true. We have learned to distinguish Zoe's "muffled meow" as indication she has something in her mouth. Before this realization, however, when she meowed we would open the door and she would bolt in with a lizard in her mouth.

It's probable she would have eventually killed them if we allowed her to continue to play with them inside.

Now when we hear her muffled meow, we do not let her in until she drops whatever she has in her mouth and instead of chasing it when it scurries off (sometimes the lizard will lay there in shock for a minute before running away) she opts to come inside. I do not know if she knows what we mean, but we always tell her to "drop it" and she does. :D

She would rather play inside with one of these She goes bananas with that thing throughout the day. She meows the whole time (it can get really annoying) and when she loses it under something she will sit there and howl meow (as if it were the end of her world) until I retrieve it for her.

Sabre is not much into capturing live animals, but has a piece of rope (the third one since he was a kitten) that he carries around like a baby blanket and routinely places in his water bowl. He brings it with him everywhere and sometimes plays with it. Other than that, he would rather take a nap. :D:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.