tasmanianjumper

B License questions

Say... here's a quick question I was wondering as I was checking out my B card... The requirements to make 10 group freefall formations... that seems ambigious - is there a set standard number of RW jumpers (2 way, 4 way, whatever) and how many formation shifts / points.

2nd Question - Live Water training (just need one AFF-I, IAD-I, Coach, or what?).

I will also ask when I go back to the DZ next weekend just wondering if someone knew offhand...

Thanks!
Taz

First question - no specifics. You just need to plan and execute group jumps. You plus one (or more) others is a group.

Second question - I believe it has to be signed off by an S&TA so the S&TA is generally the one who leads the training. You'll need someone to lead the class, and a body of water (often a pool, sometimes a lake or other natural body of water). Ask at your DZ, ask at neighboring DZs; some DZs schedule it regularly, others schedule it when enough people have expressed an interest.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Say... here's a quick question I was wondering as I was checking out my B card... The requirements to make 10 group freefall formations... that seems ambigious - is there a set standard number of RW jumpers (2 way, 4 way, whatever) and how many formation shifts / points.

2nd Question - Live Water training (just need one AFF-I, IAD-I, Coach, or what?).

First question, answered above.
Second question; The live water training may be conducted and signed off by an USPA S&TA, I/E, or Instructor, or signed off by a Board Member, IIRC.
I will also ask when I go back to the DZ next weekend just wondering if someone knew offhand...

Thanks!