davelepka

Opinions on e-readers?

Looking to pick up an e-reader for my 12 year old son. He's a reader and always has a book on him, so it seems like a good fit. Based on almost zero knowledge or research, I'm leaning toward the Nook Color, just becasue it's color and seems like the newest thing.

I'm literally going to post this, and then google some reviews and general info. Anyone have any info to share? I'm not stuck on the Nook, I just figured the color thing gave it a leg up on the rest.

Anyone got anything to add? Bueller? Bueller?

I don't claim to know anything about the Nook, but my husband and I both have Kindles and he also has an iPad. We love both, but I stuck with the Kindle because it's a great size and has battery life that will not quit. My husband likes his iPad (especially the backlighting) but kept his Kindle because he can read PDFs on it. All of our different e-readers have been great--they just have different strengths. Your son is lucky! He's going to love whatever you get!
TPM Sister #102

my husband and I both have Kindles and he also has an iPad

Five minutes of research has shown the Kindle to be a top choice, but no color.

The iPad is out because he already has a smart phone, and I think the iPad comes with a monthly bill to make it do all it's cool tricks. I know that e-books cost money too, but they still cost money on an iPad in addition to the costs for the other stuff.