jf951

Tron

I was really looking forward to seeing it but I've heard from a bunch of friends that saw it last night that it was just..... "meh..."

I'm already disappointed, and I haven't even seen it yet.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I've heard good things. Loved the original and if the story can matchup with the high end visuals, it should be a good show. Will report back once I see it.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

I haven't but here's what one of my FB friends had to say:

Post at 6:32 PM: "Tron Legacy: I highly recommend it for anyone needing to cure insomnia. Wait for it on network; not HBO, network."

Post at 6:39 PM (same guy): "Sorry, let me be more clear: Tron Legacy SUCKED."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I haven't but here's what one of my FB friends had to say:

Post at 6:32 PM: "Tron Legacy: I highly recommend it for anyone needing to cure insomnia. Wait for it on network; not HBO, network."

Post at 6:39 PM (same guy): "Sorry, let me be more clear: Tron Legacy SUCKED."

One of my friends said, "Tron did not suck."
I agree, it does not suck.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Reviews so far seem decent. I expect fans of the original will enjoy it more than those too young to have been fascinated by the first film.

Yes, I'm old.

Right now, it's looking like it'll be the 3D version, matinee, with the requisite insanely over-priced grease-laden popcorn, on Wednesday 12/22.

If I dig it, I might see if the father-in-law wants to go see it in IMAX 3D when I'm visiting after Christmas. Anybody in the Tampa area able to recommend one IMAX theater over the other two?

Elvisio "when being a user isn't a bad thing" Rodriguez

Notes I had written to a friend;

Visually stunning. Nice action. LOVED the new light cycle scene. A bit of an "uncanny valley" issue with CLU, but I can almost forgive that as he's supposed to be a program, but then again, none of the other programs look like that. There were a couple of directoral choices I disagreed with; in particular the female characters' movement during the dressing of Sam scene. Story was ok, but just like the first Tron, was buried behind too many other things for it to really make enough sense. I'd give it a thumbs up for anybody that ever saw and liked the original. Not sure I can recommend to anyone too far outside that circle. Will probably take the weekend.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Notes I had written to a friend;

Visually stunning. Nice action. LOVED the new light cycle scene. A bit of an "uncanny valley" issue with CLU, but I can almost forgive that as he's supposed to be a program, but then again, none of the other programs look like that. There were a couple of directoral choices I disagreed with; in particular the female characters' movement during the dressing of Sam scene. Story was ok, but just like the first Tron, was buried behind too many other things for it to really make enough sense. I'd give it a thumbs up for anybody that ever saw and liked the original. Not sure I can recommend to anyone too far outside that circle. Will probably take the weekend.

Ticcies for tomorrow 3-D and the D-Box seats ...

Being that I feel the 3D is still cheesy as hell, I wish it had not been done in 3D - That being said, as a huge fan of the original and immensely enjoyed this version. There are some plot holes that I thought could have been developed further, but will not drop spoilers in here.

so i finally saw it last night.

movie was meh, but i wasnt excpeting any better and it was kinda cool for what it was

BUT

if ur a daft punk fan. SEE THIS MOVIE the sound track was fucking awesome!!! i wanted to rage in the theater
Jump more, Bitch less.

the sound track was fucking awesome!!! i wanted to rage in the theater

I absolutely agree! The soundtrack was massive. ETA: this is one of the biggest regrets I have from the movie. I went to see it in our ratty local theater, saving myself the 1.5 hour roundtrip to the nearest "new" theater. Ergo, I had to experience the soundtrack in a theater with virtually no bass. Needless to say, I'm currently downloading the soundtrack and will shortly be burning a copy to take down to the sub-equipped Jeep...

I enjoyed the movie as a fan of the original Tron. I enjoyed the "new and improved" takes on elements of the old movie. And, corny though they may have been, I really got a kick out of lines from the old movie being dropped into the new. I really liked how they used the old lines in new context. There were also a lot of new lines that caught my ear, but I was so engrossed I haven't been able to remember any of them. All the more reason to go see it again.

The plot was pretty predictable, but that's OK. There was plenty of eyecandy for both sexes, the visual composition was great, and I loved the way the movie took me back into a world that always makes me smile.

In summary: if you're a Tron fan, definitely go. If you're too young to remember the original, sit it out and wait for Blu-Ray.

Elvisio "Gem and Quorra were super hot, and the light fighters were the bomb" Rodriguez

edit to spell Quorra right...