Icon134

Dexter

Is this guy someone you can relate to?:o

Of course. In Season One he killed a serial child molester/rapist.

This season he has already killed yet another serial killer who liked to put young women in a barrel of water and electrocute them, then dump the body-filled barrel in a scummy pond.

At least when Dex kills them vs. the system, I do not pay a thing and get the same result. :P

Having said that, I watch for Dexter's inner monologue; it is hilarious, fucked-up and makes for great entertainment.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

I just got caught up on season 5, finally found a place to watch it online and have a decent enough internet connection to watch it (internet in australia sucks!)

I'm holdinh high hopes for the season finally. It's going to be very hard to top last season. Something very big is going to have to happen. I have a feeling Deb is going to find out what Dexter really is. There seems to be alot of foreshadowing leading up to this. Of course that could just be misdirection to blow our minds in another way.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

i thought it ended rather well. what do y'all think?

Meh.

After the intensity of the last few episodes I felt rather let down. A few oh shit moments, but nothing like previous episodes. All in all a good season. Better than I expected after the first few episodes from the new writers. Definitely not as good as the previous seasons. Hopefully they'll pick up their game before next year.

i thought it ended rather well. what do y'all think?

Meh.

After the intensity of the last few episodes I felt rather let down. A few oh shit moments, but nothing like previous episodes. All in all a good season. Better than I expected after the first few episodes from the new writers. Definitely not as good as the previous seasons. Hopefully they'll pick up their game before next year.

That's too bad...I've only seen the first two seasons (dvd's within 1-2 weeks...:$)

Haven't watched them since...not big into tv...but since I finally have ordered netflix myself, I'm sure I'll watch...

btw...anyone else pick up on their stock since they (netflix) first started?

My guess is that they're only gonna get bigger...

they're gonna invest about 150 mill in distribution rights....up 135 million from last year...;)

...just saying.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Kind of disappointed to be honest.

The end of last season was a heart stopper. This season left everything neatly wrapped up... Kind of looks like the end of the series the way they left nothing to be desired.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Kind of disappointed to be honest.

The end of last season was a heart stopper. This season left everything neatly wrapped up... Kind of looks like the end of the series the way they left nothing to be desired.

i like the way the season ended. last season they left you with a jaw dropper that we had to wait 9 months to see the end.

there is still loose ends with the Liddy investigation.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

I have a feeling Deb is going to find out what Dexter really is. There seems to be alot of foreshadowing leading up to this. Of course that could just be misdirection to blow our minds in another way.

Considering that they are now getting divorced in real life. I bet she finds out and something happens to her. This may be Debs last season. If it is, I am sure gonna miss her potty mouth.
Dom

I just realized that last week was the season finally.

This season left everything neatly wrapped up... Kind of looks like the end of the series the way they left nothing to be desired.

Your wrong about things being wrapped up neatly though. I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't watched it yet, but they left one VERY BIG opening. It has to do with Quinn. Think and you will remember. If your not sure PM me. I will point it out.
Dom

From Wikipedia:

"On December 4, 2010, Showtime announced that Dexter would be renewed for a sixth season and stated that a seventh season was possible[12][13]. Season 6 is expected to premiere in September 2011."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_C._Hall

I am glad to see at least another season! Definitely one of the better shows out there!

This season left everything neatly wrapped up

I was a little "meh" about this season, but I will join the argument that this season was anything but wrapped up.

Stop reading if you don't want spoilers.

This is the first season that ended with another person knowing what Dexter is and living.

He is totally linked to crime scene at the camp. He totalled a car that was stolen from Liddy's murder scene and left it behind at the camp.

Quinn might owe him one for the blood work, but he knows Dex killed Liddy and his ass is still hanging out there for ordering the survelience gear.

Deb is smart enough to link Dex with Lumen and the other victim considering that the victims all look very much alike.

Season five feels like a setup for Deb discovering Dexter's dark passenger in season 6. And in this season, they set her up for being able to handle it.
Owned by Remi #?

I really think Deb has a bling spot as far as Dex is concerned, I don't think Deb knew Lumen was a victim for that very reason. She will need a bit more to go on before putting the pieces together on that one.

I do agree about the car because I seem to recall he got cut in the crash (correct me if I am wrong) BUT he is the blood guy so perhaps he can put a nice bow on that whole situation as well.

As for Quinn, he probably just wants to put everything behind him now that he and Deb are back together but if Dex is to be discovered I think it would be Quinn to open that door

This season felt a lot like the first season, mostly character building. Rita was a big part of getting Dexter into mainstream cover with a family, now they have to show what he is going to be like without her. I was still happy with the ups and downs of this season but wasn't nearly on the edge of my seat like season 4 did. I do like how they left a lot of the story line open for anything to happen in season 6, should be a good season!!

I don't get addicted to many shows, but I am hooked on Dexter.

Unfortunately, I thought this season was such a let down. I am getting tired of all of the subplots. I don't care who Deb sleeps with (and I'm hoping that she is killed off early next season.) I don't care about Bautista's marriage issues. Quinn's veneers really drive me loony. I think Julia Stiles was an ok special guest, and she was given the unfortunate spot of appearing after John Lithgow's amazing performance. The show keeps losing more and more of its dark humor that got me hooked initially. I hope next season is more Dexter and less other stuff.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I was a little "meh" about this season, but I will join the argument that this season was anything but wrapped up.

Stop reading if you don't want spoilers.

This is the first season that ended with another person knowing what Dexter is and living.

He is totally linked to crime scene [emphasis CarrieByTheSea] at the camp. He totalled a car that was stolen from Liddy's murder scene and left it behind at the camp.

Quinn might owe him one for the blood work, but he knows Dex killed Liddy and his ass is still hanging out there for ordering the survelience gear.

Deb is smart enough to link Dex with Lumen and the other victim considering that the victims all look very much alike.

Season five feels like a setup for Deb discovering Dexter's dark passenger in season 6. And in this season, they set her up for being able to handle it

Concur.

I was a little "meh" because of Dexter's lack of attention to detail this season, thus (by my estimation) leaving a ton of evidence behind.

I admit I am a control freak, perfectionist, neat freak, etc. and Dexter's keen attention to detail and cleanliness has always been like candy to me as a viewer. This season drove me nuts. There were/are far too many amateurish mistakes to make this season "believable".

Everyone is capable of mistakes--even Dexter--but to make so many thoughtless, uncalculated, untrained reactionary moves for this character made this season very upsetting to me. As trained as Dexter's brain is to react with careful precision and cover his tracks, it just seemed like I was watching another Dexter this season. [:/]

Edit to add: Also Dexter's inner monologue was not nearly as funny this season. Though, I do still say "Die. Die." all the time. :D
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

it just seemed like I was watching another Dexter this season.

I agree. Still love the show, but he was out of character a lot this season.

Sure, bein' rigid isn't vivid nor interesting (like most of us are (static))
What goes around, comes later.