Icon134

Dexter

What is it that you're annoyed about? I guess all I know about her so far is that she's his NA sponsor and that she likes to steal things for her artwork. (But don't worry about spoiling anything for me. It'll be at least a couple of weeks before I get to watch more of it, so I'll have forgotten anything you mention by then. :P )

It was fun at first when Dexter was shut-off to her and uninterested.

Thereafter it became a little silly/predictable. Lila is fun trouble for a certain type of guy, but not Dexter. We are a little further into it now, but it still seems like a silly jaded-storyline for the writers to have given the average viewer.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Holy Fuck!!! Noooooooooo!!!!

:o:o:o

What the fuck?

>:(

We just started Season One about three weeks ago. Due to the freezing cold and a recovering surgery, we had some time on our hands and decided to give the series a whirl. It has been great--largely predictable--but fun & super-funny...

Season Four started as a royal disappointment--a big, fat bore...until the ninth or 10th episode when it got GOOD.

Cut to the finale: :| I am pissed. WAY pissed.

I hope Season Five brings back the old Dexter. I hate to be Janey-hate-changey, but I miss when Dexter let the law be the law and only when the law was clearly unjust would he gather evidence, stalk, and kill the Scotty-free. It has been a while since Dexter let the law have a shot at handling things first.

I feel like a groupie whose favorite alternative band just went mainstream pop w/r/t to the Season Four finale. :|

Last night I finished watching the first disk (3 episodes) of Season Three. I'm about to send that back to Netflix, and I can't decide whether to get the next disk or not. Either the first season was much better, or the show just seemed better when I was whacked out on cold medicine.

Now that I'm actually having to make an effort (get the disk rather than simply watch it on instant play), I'm not sure if I can be bothered. Does it get better again, or does it just go downhill from Season One?

I felt the same way...

We did the Netflix/bought HBO to watch Season Four On Demand all in a row so we watched from beginning to recent within four weeks.

I LOVED the first season, liked the second and third...fourth was a bit better. I am expecting/hoping for big things from Season Five.

Edit: I think we would all like to see the original Dexter get back to plotting & killing a "bad guy" each episode. B|

Each season follows the same pattern, it takes about 6 episodes before it really draws you in and gets exciting. After the 6th episode I get so engulfed in the plot that I fly through the second half of the season and love it. When you start the next season it is tough to remember that it takes awhile to build that excitement again. Season 4 and 5 are very exciting so I would not pass on the chance to watch them.

Significantly better than the piss poor Weeds season.
That show tanked.
Dexter rocks.

Agreed.... Weeds is done.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Great show.Well made.but its hard to explain what is about to others and why you like it. Breaking Bad is another such show.

Breaking Bad is awesome. I'm a huge fan. I don't explain it I say watch it and if that person likes it I know they are F'd up like me B|
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Dex has never been a sociopath.

Ummm... he's always been a sociopath.

Thats questionable. One of the defining qualities for a sociopath is the incapacity to love.

Dexter definitely loved Rita, even when he couldn't admit it to himself.

Fucked up? Certainly. Sociopath? Probably not.
__

My mighty steed

Dex has never been a sociopath.

Thats questionable. One of the defining qualities for a sociopath is the incapacity to love.

Dexter definitely loved Rita, even when he couldn't admit it to himself.

Fucked up? Certainly. Sociopath? Probably not.

He is simply Misunderstood. I believe the Dexter character is a sociopath, but desperately wants to be good. He just hasn't figured out the specific nuances of how.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It_is_debatable. Though I have a degree in both psychology and sociology, I am no expert--just a sales girl. :P

My opinion remains firm at psychopath, not sociopath.

To be clear, I was more responding to the comment that Dexter is not supposed to care about anyone because he is a sociopath. Clearly he_does_make a distinction to_some_degree between good and evil and cares about_some_people to_some_degree. Thus, if one insists he must be in the sociopathic box because everything fits but this, this and this, than OK. I conclude he does not fit.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

It_is_debatable. Though I have a degree in both psychology and sociology, I am no expert--just a sales girl. :P

My opinion remains firm at psychopath, not sociopath.

To be clear, I was more responding to the comment that Dexter is not supposed to care about anyone because he is a sociopath. Clearly he_does_make a distinction to_some_degree between good and evil and cares about_some_people to_some_degree. Thus, if one insists he must be in the sociopathic box because everything fits but this, this and this, than OK. I conclude he does not fit.

He makes a distinction between good and evil because that's what he was taught by Harry "His Code". He started dating Rita because it was the normal thing to do. He goes and does normal things with "Friends" because it makes him look normal. He doesn't care about people he is just trained to try and fit in so as not to get caught.

When did Julia Styles come on the show? Have I really been paying that little attention?
It's time for my nightly ritual: Pleasure myself, weep, and repeat.

I disagree. For example, in the first episode of the season, Dexter goes against "the code" and murders the man in the bathroom because he is having a tough time dealing with the loss of Rita. In addition, in the second episode Dexter answers the question, "What do you want?", proposed by his victim with an emotional, "I want my wife back.", as he stabs him.

Just to name a couple recent examples.

I am excited to see the storyline with the yet-named character played by Julia Styles. Dexter has never murdered "an innocent" and clearly she knows what he did.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

My questions here are pointed toward the mental facilities of those that watch this show.

Is this guy someone you can relate to?:o

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun