skycamefalling

Drive-Thru IDIOTS!!!

Why is it that no matter how many times you repeat yourself, they still manage to get your order wrong?? I just wonder where they find some of these people.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

It is called Minimum wage, and no pride in a job well done.........

Must be this newer generation of workers. You would think that with this economy, people would be trying harder to keep their jobs. Or maybe it is just the area I live in. Area people like this every where else in the states??

Must be this newer generation of workers. You would think that with this economy, people would be trying harder to keep their jobs. Or maybe it is just the area I live in. Area people like this every where else in the states??

I don;t think so.....Too many been raised by parents that "did" do well, and they think it comes easy! (clueless kids , raised by parents too busy to take care of their own kids)

We have a Jack in the Box here that I have actually gone into and commented to the manager regarding the quality of the drive through service...it's above and beyond anything I've EVER seen before!

The kids are nice, greet you professionally, speak clearly, check your order before handing it to you...you don't realize how BAD other places are until you actually get the kind of service you 'should' be getting.

The manager was pretty cool, he said it IS an employers market, lots of people looking for jobs...he said he has some rather extensive training and lets the people know what is expected, give incentives and rewards hard work and cuts the dead weight immediately...if the guy would run for mayor I'd vote for him!

It's works...I don't prefer the clown food over others but go there more frequently because of the service.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I don;t think so.....Too many been raised by parents that "did" do well, and they think it comes easy! (clueless kids , raised by parents too busy to take care of their own kids)

That could be partially true to an extent. But some of the people I see working drive-thrus, or just in fast food in general, look like they had it rough as a kid and are now trying to better themselves. Shit, who knows[:/]

We have a Jack in the Box here that I have actually gone into and commented to the manager regarding the quality of the drive through service...it's above and beyond anything I've EVER seen before!

The kids are nice, greet you professionally, speak clearly, check your order before handing it to you...you don't realize how BAD other places are until you actually get the kind of service you 'should' be getting.

The manager was pretty cool, he said it IS an employers market, lots of people looking for jobs...he said he has some rather extensive training and lets the people know what is expected, give incentives and rewards hard work and cuts the dead weight immediately...if the guy would run for mayor I'd vote for him!

It's works...I don't prefer the clown food over others but go there more frequently because of the service.

See, we just dont see that kind of service around here. They are going around doing extensive remodels on these places to make them for inviting and friendly looking, but the service is so bad, you never want to go back.

Yeah, I think a lot of it can depend on where you live, demographics etc... I grew up in the mid-west, and started working at a grocery store immediately after turning 16. When I moved out to Denver my first job was with another grocery store and the difference in work ethic was night and day.

Then moving to NY it got even worse with minimum wage workers... I lived in Brooklyn, and it was common to see workers, cashiers, etc. actually talking on their cell phones while "working". :S

*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I can tell you twar coming from someone who has worked bis share of fastfood. That NOT MANY places are like tha they expe t log hours for shit pay working under mostly incompetant managers who do nothing but bitch and moan about anything they can. They suck whatever work ethic you have right out of you. And you can forget about any kinda benefits or raise for busting your ass or tryig hard
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I grew up in the mid-west, and started working at a grocery store immediately after turning 16. When I moved out to Denver my first job was with another grocery store and the difference in work ethic was night and day.

:D:D Yep, when I moved to California after college, the place I got hired was more impressed with me being from the mid-west that any college degree!

I asked they guy about it during the interview and he told me it was his experience that us farm boys show up on time, work all day and don't call in sick to go surfing! :ph34r:

I grew up in the mid-west, and started working at a grocery store immediately after turning 16. When I moved out to Denver my first job was with another grocery store and the difference in work ethic was night and day.

:D:D Yep, when I moved to California after college, the place I got hired was more impressed with me being from the mid-west that any college degree!

I asked they guy about it during the interview and he told me it was his experience that us farm boys show up on time, work all day and don't call in sick to go surfing! :ph34r:

Wonder what he would have thought if he knew you were a skydiver?:P

I can tell you twar coming from someone who has worked bis share of fastfood. That NOT MANY places are like tha they expe t log hours for shit pay working under mostly incompetant managers who do nothing but bitch and moan about anything they can. They suck whatever work ethic you have right out of you. And you can forget about any kinda benefits or raise for busting your ass or tryig hard

I believe it, the guy I spoke with handled himself more like a CEO than a Jack in the Box manager, you could tell he cared and he was quite pleased to have someone come in and commend him and his staff.

The first time through I thought it was a fluke, maybe just a nice kid or something...but after receiving noticeably better service than at any other fast food joint in town I just had to go in and say something.

:D I didn't know people actually would 'call in sick' until I moved to Denver. :D

Wonder what he would have thought if he knew you were a skydiver?:P

I never mention it to an employer, a family friend in human resources for a fortune 500 helped me with resumes out of college and told me to hold back on that.

Said it might concern an employer with regard to possible injury and lost work time...:S

:D I didn't know people actually would 'call in sick' until I moved to Denver. :D

I was just in Denver recently, and I gotta say......I was amazed with that city. I was there for the beer festival and with all of the drinking going on, I did not see any bit of violence at all. Oh, and the Tilted Kilt bar........I could not get myself to leave that placeB|

I was just in Denver recently, and I gotta say......I was amazed with that city. I was there for the beer festival and with all of the drinking going on, I did not see any bit of violence at all. Oh, and the Tilted Kilt bar........I could not get myself to leave that placeB|

The people here are generally very friendly. Denver is a GREAT city and probably one of the closed to a 'small town' big city.

Pretty sure I know why you liked the Tilted Kilt ------> the staff there has more qualities than 'good personality' ;):D

ETA: the Beer Festival is great!! but did you go to Mile-Hi Skydive or the tunnel (SkyVenture)?

The people here are generally very friendly. Denver is a GREAT city and probably one of the closed to a 'small town' big city.

Pretty sure I know why you liked the Tilted Kilt ------> the staff there has more qualities than 'good personality' ;):D

ETA: the Beer Festival is great!! but did you go to Mile-Hi Skydive or the tunnel (SkyVenture)?

No I did not get the chance to go to either one. I was there for work actually and they did not leave us with enough free time to go do anything on our own. But my next trip out there, it will be for the beer and jumps:D:DB|

I sure that could be an equal part of the equation also. Its just sad to see. Now, In & Out Burger has some great customer service no matter where you are at. The only thing that sucks about that place is that they are always so damn busy. But that is what happens when you have great service and food.

Why is it that poeple are too lazy to get off their ass and walk in and deal with people face to face? [:/]I've always found it a bit rediculous that drive through lanes are packed and there's not a soul in line at the counter inside and you could have been in and out much faster than sitting in line wasting your gas. Along with that I've never understood why you would want to pig up your vehicle eating in it? I guess if you are picking something up to take home to the fam or something it's fine, but to me eating a meal in your vehicle sounds a bit disgusting. I was interested the other day to see on TV that large fast food companies are starting to route their drive through interactions through call centers now. When you are talking over the speaker you are actualy talking over a VIP line to some guy in another state in front of a computer, sometimes with a video feed.

When I am getting food for myself or the lines are crazy long, I go inside to get my food. But when I am getting food for the family, I use the drive thru. It is a pain carrying out food and drinks for 5. But none the less, it seems like the service is almost just as bad inside.

But the whole call center bit.......now that is just lazy I think.

incompetant managers who do nothing but bitch and moan about anything they can. They suck whatever work ethic you have right out of you.

Tell me about it. A manager at a restaurant that I used to work at gave me a review once of a 3 out of 5, 5 being the best. He said he rarely ever gave a 4 and never ever gave anyone a 5. (I knew pretty much everything about the menu, computer system and trained a large part of the staff, and pretty much did my share and then some every day) He said he wanted to give people something to strive for, to motivate them. I told him he was an idiot and all it did was demotivate people (except maybe a few people), and managing people like that is why we had such a turn-over in staff. I must say I was kind of surprised I didn't get fired.

Here's karma though: last I heard he got a job at some bank, and a regular that he had pissed off, had him transferred under her so she could make his life hell.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

Yeah, I think a lot of it can depend on where you live, demographics etc... I grew up in the mid-west, and started working at a grocery store immediately after turning 16. When I moved out to Denver my first job was with another grocery store and the difference in work ethic was night and day.

Then moving to NY it got even worse with minimum wage workers... I lived in Brooklyn, and it was common to see workers, cashiers, etc. actually talking on their cell phones while "working". :S

Yep, midwesterner here too, but I grew up working for a Carnival, started there age 9, lived there from age 12 all the way threw my teens, ...You didn;t work, and work hard, you didn't have a job..

During winter, we took any job we could find...(which were few...:( )