BASE1375

Camping with space heater

Going to invasion sebastian next week and i was planning on pitching a tent with a space heater, they said i can get electric for 5$ a night...anyone think this is a bad idea? It turns off automatically if it gets knocked over or overheats.
10,000 jumps, with a log for every single jump. Unlike some USPA National Directors with 14,750 Fake jumps with the flying skills to prove they are fake jumps....

An electric blanket and a hoodie might work better.

+1. never bring anything into a tent that cant burn, melt, or other wise emit a toxic gas. i know they say not to, but i have slept on top of an electric blanket too, nice and toasty. i always wondered why i could put an electric heating pad under me, but not an electric blanket.

then again, it is florida, will you really need all that?

I've slept in a tent in NY in November with 1 foot of snow. All you need is a few blankets and a hat.

If you think you'll need a space heater in FL, you are in need of balls.

Soldier in Alaska-"My feet are cold"
Survival Instructor- "Put on a hat, Peabody!"

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

How cold are you expecting it to get in FL? 50 isn't cold weather to sleep in. Hell, I would probably be too hot in my sleeping bag. Coldest I've slept in was -30 and I thought I was going to freeze overnight. Beginning of the week during a backpacking trip it was in the 50s and my sleeping bag is rated at 20. Luckily I had extra clothing and I think I wore everything I could get on the night it got to -30 and was really only worried my toes may freeze.

Back in the 70's, I lit my nylon and goose down bag on fire one night and I felt like I was in a grilled cheese sandwich. Another time, I lost my gear to a flaming catalytic heater. Get goose down, wool blankets, and/or someone to keep you warm. It beats a fire in a tent. Leave yourself an out and don't put yourself in a corner.

Going to invasion sebastian next week and i was planning on pitching a tent with a space heater, they said i can get electric for 5$ a night...anyone think this is a bad idea? It turns off automatically if it gets knocked over or overheats.

If you can BASE jump, you can sleep in a tent in Florida without a heater. :P:P;)
'Shell

i agreee with all of you but my gf is staying in the tent with me and she gets cold very easily...

problem solved sleeping at a friends house nearby sebastian!
10,000 jumps, with a log for every single jump. Unlike some USPA National Directors with 14,750 Fake jumps with the flying skills to prove they are fake jumps....

How cold are you expecting it to get in FL? 50 isn't cold weather to sleep in. Hell, I would probably be too hot in my sleeping bag. Coldest I've slept in was -30 and I thought I was going to freeze overnight. Beginning of the week during a backpacking trip it was in the 50s and my sleeping bag is rated at 10. Luckily I had extra clothing and I think I wore everything I could get on the night it got to -30 and was really only worried my toes may freeze.

Well let me start by saying the last weeks lows were pretty damn cold. low 20s with a high of mid 40s-50s. It warmed up a bit today and I think it might have it 70.

To the OP,
Make sure you have a mattress pad and a sleeping bag that is -0 or more. That is all you need to stay warm.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

In case you and your gf ever camp together in the future they make mummy bags that you can zip together. I think the left hand and right hand North Face bags do that. This is the newest version of the bag I have which IMHO is an excellent quality bag.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/equipment-sleeping-bags/cats-meow.html

i agreee with all of you but my gf is staying in the tent with me and she gets cold very easily...

Wait a minute here...your GF is in there with you and you're asking about how to keep warm?????????????????

Think about that....

Think harder....

It'll come....

geez....
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

And 20 degrees just ain't that cold. Just about any bag will do for those temps...lol.

I think it makes a big difference with bags. i dont suggest to sleeping in a tent in a bag that is rated at 32f when it is low 20s out. Once you get cold and that chill you stay that way.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I've slept in a tent in NY in November with 1 foot of snow. All you need is a few blankets and a hat.

If you think you'll need a space heater in FL, you are in need of balls.

Soldier in Alaska-"My feet are cold"
Survival Instructor- "Put on a hat, Peabody!"

Matt

Yep!

But they NEVER listen.

It's winter warfare, not winter whining!

Wow...lol. I've bow hunted here in WI in late december staying in a tent sleeping in nothing but a arctic/winter weight mummy sleeping bag and I lived just fine. The time I did camp in a park with electric outlets and brought a heater I woke up overheated in the night and shut it off. I have used the electric blanked thing a few times when it was "too warm" out for the arctic weight bag and that was fine.
From all the "cold weather" stuff I've seen on here lately I am really starting to think us northern folks are a "different breed". lol

Camping with space heater

That is not camping...

When I was a boy scout at 10 years old we we're sleeping in the snow with sleeping bags that had a -40 degree threshold...what has the world become?

We need more Amazons in this world!

She is hardcore....

That's my sugar mamma!

I'm tired of hearing about all these sissies...seriously..

I'ts too cold...I need a cig...I need this, I need that...fuckin' grow up...

Life is a mind game...a mind game...addiction is an illusion, just another mind game...fuckin panzies!

Edit:
(deleted)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...