upndownshop

26 years ago yesterday

I woke up this morning with 99 jumps for the year. Made 3 jumps today! Whoo hoo!. Then I realized that yesterday was my 26th Anniversary since my first jump on 12-23-1984. I posted 6 years ago on my 20th Anniversary but realized this year that I was off by 11 days, so I guess this is my correction to this post 6 years ago.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1386406;search_string=20%20years%20ago%20yesterday;#1386406

I realized that I was off by 11 days when I found my first jump certificate a couple of months ago. But I can say that my 25th High Schools Reunion wont happen till 2011 cause I graduated in 1986.

I feel blessed to be a part of the sport from the late 60's (not that I remember much then) but seeing all the amazing changes in the last 43 years is something that I believe will never happen again to that magnitude.
So, I guess I would like to thank all those Pioneers who had the guts to progress the sport in those "dangerous" days. And with that goes Thanks to all the "young-uns" that have taken that to even greater levels!
I only have one request to those young-uns. Bring back the true meaning of a SkyGod! Only you can do it. Give back to the sport, jump with the newbies, get them safe in the air so they can join the "groups". Doing so will keep our sport growing, otherwise they get bored and quit cause they have no one to play with.
As we say at SkyFest "Pay it Skyward"!
Being a SkyGod is easy, just give back, and ask for nothing in return. :)
Blue Skies to all!
J