Nataly

How long before you felt "in love"?

My aunt has announced (possibly for the hundreth time) that she is madly in love with the (latest) man of her dreams... I'm obviously happy for her but can't help thinking she is a serial (and instant) love-a-holic...

So just curious... For those of you who have found the "love of your life" (even if it didn't work out), how long before you felt in love with that person?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

It was less than 2 weeks or so before I felt like that with my now husband. We were starting to spend more time together as friends and I was giving the idea of dating him a chance. Then we went on a BASE jump together (our official first date) and I almost got badly hurt. His reaction and concern for me made me swoon and kick-started our relationship. :)

It's been almost 9 years so that feeling was pretty accurate.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

It seems to me that the faster I fell in love, the shorter it lasted. Love at first sight was almost always simple infatuation that died fairly soon.

Attraction developing into friendship and then into love has a mcuh better chance of enduring. Sometimes the love even lasts longer than the relationship.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

It was less than 2 weeks or so before I felt like that with my now husband. We were starting to spend more time together as friends and I was giving the idea of dating him a chance. Then we went on a BASE jump together (our official first date) and I almost got badly hurt. His reaction and concern for me made me swoon and kick-started our relationship. :)

Eh, I'm still betting it's a "fling".
:D

Miss you two bunches!B|
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

To me Love is something that takes place over time and you cant rush into love or make time go by faster. But then I am reminded of my grandparents who had three dates which their 4th was their wedding. They were together for over fifty years before my grandfather passed away. I think It really depends on the two people involved.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Romance in the news

updated 12/26/2010 5:30:51 AM ET

WASHINGTON — Hugh Hefner, the twice-married founder of Playboy, is taking the plunge again.

Hefner, 84, said on Saturday in a posting on Twitter that he and his girlfriend Crystal Harris, 24, got engaged on Friday.

:D

In other news, Chrystal Hefner is now endorsing a line of Turkey based treats known as sagging nuts and turkey neck.

More like a little more than two months did I "get" that I was "in love", but it has been more than 10 years and we are still best friends and lovers.

Our first "date" was at the DZ and I was newly licensed and learning to pack. Back then, a high-performance canopy was not nearly as common as today and I decided to pack his for him. :) He thanked me and jumped it. B|
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

For those of you who have found the "love of your life" (even if it didn't work out), how long before you felt in love with that person?

I'm not entirely sure how to reply, although I definitely qualify. She first got my attention on a football field in High School (I was a percussionist and she was a flag girl). I gave her a hug and she started chasing me. A couple of months later, I was chasing her. Hm. "Fell in love?" Well, I guess somewhere between the first six months and the following several years. For that matter, I still find my love for her maturing, deepening and transforming. Oh, we have been married since 1987 and started dating in 1985. I still find myself being reminded of how much I love her, so, for me, it's been an on-going process for over two decades. I'm still not through "falling in love" with her.:)
Sincerely,
Kevin

For those of you who have found the "love of your life" (even if it didn't work out), how long before you felt in love with that person?

I'm not entirely sure how to reply, although I definitely qualify. She first got my attention on a football field in High School (I was a percussionist and she was a flag girl). I gave her a hug and she started chasing me. A couple of months later, I was chasing her. Hm. "Fell in love?" Well, I guess somewhere between the first six months and the following several years. For that matter, I still find my love for her maturing, deepening and transforming. Oh, we have been married since 1987 and started dating in 1985. I still find myself being reminded of how much I love her, so, for me, it's been an on-going process for over two decades. I'm still not through "falling in love" with her.:)

*sigh*... What a lovely thing to say :)
That is just exactly the kind of enduring relationship my parents have and I hope to find myself someday.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

My aunt has announced (possibly for the hundreth time) that she is madly in love with the (latest) man of her dreams... I'm obviously happy for her but can't help thinking she is a serial (and instant) love-a-holic...

So just curious... For those of you who have found the "love of your life" (even if it didn't work out), how long before you felt in love with that person?

some people are just codependant like that:S

either way congrats for her.

:)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I was head over heels with Skymama the first time we met.

Everyone's going to be so surprised with that statement, you've hidden it so well. ;)

I was head over heels when I first met Normiss too. He was on a different path with his life than I was at that time, so we reluctantly parted as a couple but grew to be best friends. He supported me while I suffered through verbal and emotional abuse with my husband and reminded me that I deserved to be treated better when I was so beaten down mentally and couldn't see it for myself.

I hope I have many years to come to show him how much I love and appreciate him for that. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was head over heels with Skymama the first time we met.

Everyone's going to be so surprised with that statement, you've hidden it so well. ;)

I was head over heels when I first met Normiss too. He was on a different path with his life than I was at that time, so we reluctantly parted as a couple but grew to be best friends. He supported me while I suffered through verbal and emotional abuse with my husband and reminded me that I deserved to be treated better when I was so beaten down mentally and couldn't see it for myself.

I hope I have many years to come to show him how much I love and appreciate him for that. :)

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

The instant I set eyes on him walking into the room to teach me the first jump course. Although I didn't realize it at the time because I was preoccupied with the skydive. But a week later when I picked up the phone and heard his voice on the other end, asking me out, it was pretty much all over for me. My life has been complete ever since. :)