airdvr

Is getting head considered sex anymore?

So what happened to post number 17 with the pulp fiction quote?

Was that quote a violation of the rules..I am confused. but then again I get confused easy...
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I won't speak for other people who may have done something and I won't undo what they've done because I haven't heard from them yet and there may be more to it . . . however . . .

I warn people about attributing material they quote pretty often lest anyone else think the words came from themselves. (Just ask Turtle or skyrider.)

In this case, while the quote was from Pulp Fiction, there were no quote marks around it, nor was it attributed. While I instantly recognized it as a movie quote, I guess somebody else didn't.

By itself and without understanding of it being quoted material, I understand why the moderator that hid the post did what he did because yes, it does use a racial slur that would normally be a violation of The Rules.

If, in fact, that's all there is to it, I'm sure it will be worked out.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"Sex" is the broad category; penile/vaginal intercourse is just one of numerous sub-categories of sex. So, of course oral sex is a form of sex. Silly semantics doesn't change that.

There ya' go!

Well that's fine; just as long as you don't tell me, "Here I come!"

"Sex" is the broad category; penile/vaginal intercourse is just one of numerous sub-categories of sex. So, of course oral sex is a form of sex. Silly semantics doesn't change that.

There ya' go!

Well that's fine; just as long as you don't tell me, "Here I come!"

Oh, good Lord! :o:D

Chuck

OK, it makes sense to delete the racial slur. But I don't get the movie quote thing. Movie dialogue is hardly original - usually they're saying already commonly-used phrases.

If I write "Whoa!", I'm not quoting Keanau Reeves. But I can see copying several sentences as a copywrite issue. So is there a hard and fast word-count? Or is it just moderator judgement?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

OK, it makes sense to delete the racial slur. But I don't get the movie quote thing. Movie dialogue is hardly original - usually they're saying already commonly-used phrases.

If I write "Whoa!", I'm not quoting Keanau Reeves. But I can see copying several sentences as a copywrite issue. So is there a hard and fast word-count? Or is it just moderator judgement?

I think you're confused on the issue.

There ARE people that go flippin' nuts when certain things are said. If you're going to quote anything it's a good idea to attribute it so people don't think YOU are the one that said something THEY think is stupid. It's for people's own good because not doing it causes issues exactly like the one that I believe just happened here.

As far as the Copyright issue goes, again, movie quotes aren't an issue. No movie company is ever going to come after anybody for quoting any line from any movie. It's just not done. Just be aware that if you quote them without any context, somebody may, as I think was in this case, assume they are your actual thoughts and may take action on them.

Large pieces of blog posts and articles from news . . . yeah, that's technically an issue that we've talked about controlling in the moderator forum and some day we may move to restrict that but that hasn't hit critical mass yet.

It's a well known fact I personally disagree with JohnRich on a number of issues. That said, when it comes to his posting of discussion material, he's actually a model that's pretty close to what is probably safest in terms of blog posts and news; a -short-, relevant quote, a LINK back to the source material and a short reason why he posted it.

Lastly, there's just flat out plagiarism. This is where somebody tries to pass off another person's writing as their own original work or at least don't attribute it as somebody else's work and there's likely to be confusion in a reasonable person's mind that the person posting it actually wrote it.

That is, just flat out stealing another person's thoughts in order to "boost" one's stature in the group.

I see people do it all the time and that personally bugs the crap out of me. I see it as being no different than attempting to pass a photograph you didn't take as one of your own or tell somebody you've written a great song when really you've just ripped off the Beatles.

Nobody is going to arrest them and put them in jail for it, but I, for one, will think they're a much lesser person for doing it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

nope. not sex. its foolin around/hookin up/messing around/had some fun/whatever with. the number of people ive had SEX with is different than the number that i have hooked up/fooled around/whatever you wanna call it OTHER THAN SEX.

as generations change/ come about so do terms used to describe things change. (id give you an example but ive been up waay to long). i think that this is just one of those things.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I think you're confused on the issue.

There ARE people that go flippin' nuts when certain things are said. If you're going to quote anything it's a good idea to attribute it so people don't think YOU are the one that said something THEY think is stupid. It's for people's own good because not doing it causes issues exactly like the one that I believe just happened here.

As far as the Copyright issue goes, again, movie quotes aren't an issue. No movie company is ever going to come after anybody for quoting any line from any movie. It's just not done. Just be aware that if you quote them without any context, somebody may, as I think was in this case, assume they are your actual thoughts and may take action on them.

Large pieces of blog posts and articles from news . . . yeah, that's technically an issue that we've talked about controlling in the moderator forum and some day we may move to restrict that but that hasn't hit critical mass yet.

It's a well known fact I personally disagree with JohnRich on a number of issues. That said, when it comes to his posting of discussion material, he's actually a model that's pretty close to what is probably safest in terms of blog posts and news; a -short-, relevant quote, a LINK back to the source material and a short reason why he posted it.

Lastly, there's just flat out plagiarism. This is where somebody tries to pass off another person's writing as their own original work or at least don't attribute it as somebody else's work and there's likely to be confusion in a reasonable person's mind that the person posting it actually wrote it.

That is, just flat out stealing another person's thoughts in order to "boost" one's stature in the group.

I see people do it all the time and that personally bugs the crap out of me. I see it as being no different than attempting to pass a photograph you didn't take as one of your own or tell somebody you've written a great song when really you've just ripped off the Beatles.

Nobody is going to arrest them and put them in jail for it, but I, for one, will think they're a much lesser person for doing it.

Would you prefer Harvard or Vancouver referencing?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It is sexual contact, yes; however, many nowadays don't consider it to be anything as "intimate" as sexual intercourse itself. Therefore, it's become more casual. My younger sister's best friend would hang out with guys and if they asked for something, she'd do it. She "felt bad for leaving them hanging and didnt want to make them mad". She ended up blowing half of her fellow employees and contracting an STD (from the ones she had sex with as well). PERSONALLY, I couldn't have any form of sexual contact with just anyone unless there was a certain level of intimacy.
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

. PERSONALLY, I couldn't have any form of sexual contact with just anyone unless there was a certain level of intimacy.

Not only that, but personally wouldn't engage in it without seeing test results. Just my standard.

Very true.
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

what? no clerks reference?

Dante Hicks: You said you only had sex with three different guys; you never mentioned him!
Veronica Loughran: Because I never HAD sex with him.
Dante Hicks: You sucked his dick!
Veronica Loughran: We went out a few times. We never had sex but we fooled around.
Dante Hicks: Oh my God, WHY did you tell me you only had sex with three different guys?
Veronica Loughran: Because I DID only have sex with three different guys; that doesn't mean I didn't just go with people.
Dante Hicks: Oh my God, I feel so nauseous!
Veronica Loughran: I'm sorry, Dante, I thought you understood!
Dante Hicks: I did understand! I understood that you had sex with three different guys and that's all you said!
Veronica Loughran: Please calm down.
Dante Hicks: How many?
Veronica Loughran: Dante...
Dante Hicks: How many dicks have you sucked?
Veronica Loughran: Let it go!
Veronica Loughran: All right, shut up a second and I'll tell you! Jesus! I didn't freak out like this when you told me how many girls you fucked!
Dante Hicks: This is different, this is important. How many?
[long pause as customer buys something]
Dante Hicks: Well?
Veronica Loughran: Something like... 36.
Dante Hicks: What? Something like 36?
Veronica Loughran: Lower your voice.
Dante Hicks: Wait, what is that anyway, something like 36? Does that INCLUDE me?
Veronica Loughran: Ummm... 37.
Dante Hicks: I'm 37?

and the punchline:

Dante Hicks: 37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!
Customer with Diapers: In a row?

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

what? no clerks reference?

Dante Hicks: You said you only had sex with three different guys; you never mentioned him!
Veronica Loughran: Because I never HAD sex with him.
Dante Hicks: You sucked his dick!
Veronica Loughran: We went out a few times. We never had sex but we fooled around.
Dante Hicks: Oh my God, WHY did you tell me you only had sex with three different guys?
Veronica Loughran: Because I DID only have sex with three different guys; that doesn't mean I didn't just go with people.
Dante Hicks: Oh my God, I feel so nauseous!
Veronica Loughran: I'm sorry, Dante, I thought you understood!
Dante Hicks: I did understand! I understood that you had sex with three different guys and that's all you said!
Veronica Loughran: Please calm down.
Veronica Loughran: Dante...
Dante Hicks: How many dicks have you sucked?
Veronica Loughran: Let it go!
Veronica Loughran: All right, shut up a second and I'll tell you! Jesus! I didn't freak out like this when you told me how many girls you fucked!
Dante Hicks: This is different, this is important. How many?
[long pause as customer buys something]
Dante Hicks: Well?
Veronica Loughran: Something like... 36.
Dante Hicks: What? Something like 36?
Veronica Loughran: Lower your voice.
Dante Hicks: Wait, what is that anyway, something like 36? Does that INCLUDE me?
Veronica Loughran: Ummm... 37.
Dante Hicks: I'm 37?

and the punchline:

Dante Hicks: 37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!
Customer with Diapers: In a row?

That's the way to go!! Can't get pregnant that way!!! :D