skydiverbob

Got a spare 10,000,000 laying around?

I would say it is a typo, 10 million is a lot to return from a 49% share in a skydiving company with one caravan.

20 tandem rigs is a substancial investment.

my guess is it is supposed to say 1,000,000.

10,000,000 is far too much for less than half of that stuff, you could buy it all brand new and spend 3 million on marketing and still have change left over for another turbine.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Maybe the owner asked skyride to sell it for him.

Hence the mark-up.
(wasn't sure if anyone followed my logic to the punchline.)

I got it. It was probably the good-weather fees and "extra" altitude fees...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That price is outrageous. Rhys is right, you can buy all of that stuff brand new for less then $5 million. If the plane and rigs are all used, $1 million bucks wouldn't be a bad price to pay for half of that stuff plus whatever earning potential the DZ might have. I'm not sure what good the 3 Pitts biplanes are going to do for a DZ.

Beyond that, I looked at the website that comes with the 'deal', skydiveinc.com and there's not much useful info there. There is a calendar where they list a host of events for a place called 'Skydive Carefree', including a grand opening boogie in Nov 2010, which by my calculations was last year.

Anyone attend that boogie? Or hear about it? The closest thing Google could come up with for Skydive Carefree was 'things to do in Carefree, Indiana'. I did notice the calender had boogies for the holidays and valentines day, and the last time I checked, Indiana isn't exactly a year-round location for a DZ, so those boogies (and the Nov grand opening) would lead me to beleive that it's not a DZ located in Carefree, Indiana (or really a DZ located anywhere, it's probably bullshit).

Saw this posted on E-Bay and was wondering if it is true or not? http://cgi.ebay.com/Skydiving-Aviation-Business-sale-49-ownership-/200560083051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb250006b 10 mil for a 49% ownership?

Take a check? :ph34r:

Take a two-party, out of state, temporary check?

BAM, up a notch!:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Looks to be an individual posting/looking for potential investors in an Auction Tool. The word potential means alot. Actually pretty unique way to attract some non-standard investors via a high traffic site like Ebay.
Bryan Cavage, D-19100
AFF I, Tandem I, Vidiot
http://www.dropzonesolutions.com
-Social Media Consultant and Skydiving Gear Guru